Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Custom box for two, houses 10" Subwoofers

metalpeddler88

Reaction score
I built this to fit in the back of my Tacoma X-Runner, 2007. I went back to using a powered sub under the seat, so this box has to go. I built it for two Kicker CompR 10" subwoofers (now in my other car), but I am sure other subs would work fine too.
I can toss in a bag of polyfil as well if you'd like. :crinklehair:
So, limited time offer while I feel like it. If you have a Tacoma, you can have this free. I need the space back in my garage.

Local Pickup only (Auburn, GA 30011)

Attachments

• TacomaSubBox (6).jpg
    TacomaSubBox (6).jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 131
  • TacomaSubBox (1).jpg
    TacomaSubBox (1).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 137
  • TacomaSubBox (2).jpg
    TacomaSubBox (2).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

metalpeddler88

Reaction score
Lol. It seems like custom sub boxes are very hard to sell. I've had some boxes I posted for free before, and nobody wanted them. I ended up leaving them at the curb, and the neighbor tried to sell it in their garage sale. No luck for them either. :rolleyez:

MiamiChillin

Reaction score
I would have bought this in a heartbeat if he was in my area. But yea I guess some people here arent bassheads or maybe they dont want to lose the space in the back. I currently have the Subbin box that JStrada used to make.

metalpeddler88

Reaction score
Those are nice boxes, I tried to make my own and gave up.
I like my bass, but I have had a few occasions where I needed the back seats for passengers. This box will make somebody happy eventually. :wink:

metalpeddler88

Reaction score
So, limited time offer while I feel like it.
If you have a Tacoma, you can have this free. I need the space back in my garage.

justin13703

Reaction score
Sucks it had to come to this man. The market for custom sub boxes is horrible. A friend of mine had a custom fiberglass one with a built in amp rack made for his jeep, cost him almost 500 dollars to have made. Ended up throwing it in the burn pile because he couldn't even get 20 bucks for it.

The problem is that you have to find someone with an extended cab Tacoma, who wants 2 subs in it, and is also willing to give up their back seats. So you have a very limited customer base. That was his problem, he had to find someone with a Jeep Patriot, that wanted or had a 12 inch kicker L5 or L7 sub (they're square), with an amp that would fit the amp rack, AND was willing to lose their entire cargo area. In the end, there just was no one out there that could check all those boxes.

Last edited:

metalpeddler88

Reaction score
Yeah, I think a couple boxes of mine are still in the attic of my old house, another few became firewood, and the rest were given away. No resale value at all. :thumbdown:
If my X wasn't an everyday driver, I would put the box back in no doubt.

MiamiChillin

Reaction score
This is bothering me. I wish I was in GA. Some one pick this up dammit lol.

Top Bottom