Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

De-badging?

Billy182

Reaction score
My 2013, a black x.
I was considering removing the x-runner and Toyota Tacoma badges from the tailgate for a cleaner blacked out look.
My fear though, that instead of a cool blacked out x, it might just look like a bastardized base model instead. Just wondering what the constructive thoughts of the membership might be, and if anyone may have done this?

madtrucker

Reaction score
IMG_20160320_124224.jpg
I had a dent in my tailgate fixed and painted. They wanted $80 for each badge. I said leave them off. I think it looks sweet. I don't miss them at all. They are big ugly and they chew up my DA pad.
Ss4RUZEh6NJSJ1UZ9

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys de-badge all the time. The only badge I have left on mine is the X-Runner

nick_gz1

Reaction score
It doesn't leave an etched outline? What's underneath just an adhesive? Heat gun it?

Billy182

Reaction score
Double sided tape holds them on, a hair dryer works fine, some people use monofilament fishing line to work the softened tape off, Wd40 works, there's probably other (and or better) ways.
I took everything off and it's looking pretty good; however, I have a brand new set of everything in case I change my mind

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I just pulled mine off while it was hot outside and used aerosol adhesive remover to get the glue residue off.

III

Reaction score
i dont see how it'd look base model in any way unless you also dont have the body kit... the first thing i did when i got home after buying my truck was taking em off...

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I removed everything then went with the bsp contrasting x-runner

Top Bottom