De-badging?

Discussion in 'Exterior Modifications' started by Billy182, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Billy182

Billy182 Member

My 2013, a black x.
    I was considering removing the x-runner and Toyota Tacoma badges from the tailgate for a cleaner blacked out look.
    My fear though, that instead of a cool blacked out x, it might just look like a bastardized base model instead. Just wondering what the constructive thoughts of the membership might be, and if anyone may have done this?

2. madtrucker

madtrucker Active Member

IMG_20160320_124224.jpg I had a dent in my tailgate fixed and painted. They wanted $80 for each badge. I said leave them off. I think it looks sweet. I don't miss them at all. They are big ugly and they chew up my DA pad.[​IMG]

panchito likes this.
  3. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Guys de-badge all the time. The only badge I have left on mine is the X-Runner

4. nick_gz1

nick_gz1 Active Member

It doesn't leave an etched outline? What's underneath just an adhesive? Heat gun it?

5. Billy182

Billy182 Member

Double sided tape holds them on, a hair dryer works fine, some people use monofilament fishing line to work the softened tape off, Wd40 works, there's probably other (and or better) ways.
    I took everything off and it's looking pretty good; however, I have a brand new set of everything in case I change my mind

6. TitanRattler813

TitanRattler813 Active Member

I just pulled mine off while it was hot outside and used aerosol adhesive remover to get the glue residue off.

7. III

III Member

i dont see how it'd look base model in any way unless you also dont have the body kit... the first thing i did when i got home after buying my truck was taking em off...

8. revobreaker

revobreaker Moderator
    Staff Member

I removed everything then went with the bsp contrasting x-runner

[​IMG]