Dent Repair

Discussion in 'Stock Exterior' started by radracer_x, Nov 6, 2017.

1. radracer_x

radracer_x New Member

Last week after I came back from Airstrip time attack, my sister backs into my truck smacking the rear right side. I was pissed. 2 dents and paint damage. Great. Called Dent pros and quoted me $770 for repair. I was skeptical. I decided instead to repair it myself. So this weekend after a day and half of youtube vids, I set to work. Glad it worked out and saved a lot of cash in the process.

Attached Files:

#1 radracer_x, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  2. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Please use the “upload a file” button to load pictures. Photobucket doesn’t allow free 3rd party photo hosting anymore.

3. FantasticMaxx

FantasticMaxx New Member

What was your process? My rear flare is cracked with a bit of paint damage when I jumped a curb and would love to know how to fix it!

4. radracer_x

radracer_x New Member

I used multiple processes presented on youtube from heat gun to dent lifter. I'm not fan of body filler unless its for rust or a tear in the metal. I'll put some links I used to fix those dents. Also here's one for your issue.

#4 radracer_x, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  5. FantasticMaxx

FantasticMaxx New Member

Thanks! Cant see the videos as YT is blocked on my works network, but will check them out when I'm home. I don't have a dent to fix, just a literal snap in the bottom portion of the rear fender flare. Will probably mend it with fiberglass/epoxy, but I was more interested in how well you got the paint to match! I have a can of duplicolor Barcelona Red that I will try my luck with!

Thanks again for the videos!

6. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Paint is all in the prep!

7. FantasticMaxx

FantasticMaxx New Member

Tell me about it! First car was a 1982 celica supra. I ended up trying to give it a roller paint job, and it ended up looking awful, and I didn't have the patience to keep sanding away the orange peel. So the only logical next step was to spray paint it, and use a totally different color at that! Of course that didn't end up well and it ended up in a paint shop going back to the stock color! Needless to say, I've stayed away from painting a lot of things. The work on the truck is minor though, so I'll probably give it a go once some of these holidays roll around.