Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dimebag's 07' XR Build

Dimebag

Reaction score
Hey gadget,

Could I get away with the long tube headers, u spec exhaust system and fuel pump for now?

Bumping up the injectors would require the UCON correct? I noticed you guys use deatchworks.....what's crazy is my buddy is the one who started the company and other work there as well.

Off topic but he started by going to junkyards and redoing the dsm injectors and it took off from there. We used to use them In our 240 wit h sr20 back in like 2005 lol.....they have awesome service and a super sick shop in Oklahoma city. Carl was the lead tech there for a few years and got his D1 license and went from there as well. I was stationed there for 9 years before getting to hurlburt field.

Dimebag

Reaction score
It was a GSR with the typical T3/T4 turbo setup that everyone had back in the day. Nothing like it is now. Ran a 12.9 , forgot the MPH since it was years ago. I only know the time because it was barely under 13 sec lol. Always had huge traction issues, I was running the first Falken azenis at the time on 16" work emotion wheels. Now mind you, this was 2005....

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
First off, well done on your prior builds. This will be a walk in the park for you since you come from so much experience.

The 255lph will be plenty good for your power goals. :top: Won't hurt to be a little larger either though.

Surprised that the old owner never at least did a turn down on the muffler. Wow.

Since the time of the MK1, there has been a ton of evolution in the products for these trucks. Look in URD's header thread at the bottom of the main page, if you haven't already. You can see the amount of hp and tq gained by the Spec-U headers. VERY impressive! That isn't even including the rest of the exhaust.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember back years ago, when crowds of members lusted after those headlights. Never have myself.

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
It was a GSR with the typical T3/T4 turbo setup that everyone had back in the day. Nothing like it is now. Ran a 12.9 , forgot the MPH since it was years ago. I only know the time because it was barely under 13 sec lol. Always had huge traction issues, I was running the first Falken azenis at the time on 16" work emotion wheels. Now mind you, this was 2005....

Lol nice! I too were/am into Hondas I had a eg hatch with lsv boosting 20 on pump gas made 470 whp (old school/laggy turbo.) We don't have a track here in Oahu so I couldn't time my car but I made it for high speeds with the ls trans also running 16s. But I blew my stock sleeve block after a year this was like in 2009 lol I was only 21 at the time. I wish I could have timed my car tho!

Dimebag

Reaction score
Scheduled the truck to get taken in to the dealership for a few recalls. After reading here, I saw there was issues with rusted frames. Check under mine and low/behold....yup...rust. Glad it was recalled. I'll he sure to let them know I don't want crap sprayed all over the damn truck if that's the route they decide to go.

Dimebag

Reaction score
On a good note. I ordered a new TRD 6sp shifter know for $49 off Amazon last night and also having the Guage pod custom made....can't wait to see it. Not sure on which gauges to run. Thinking just all AEM since they have the wideband. Wanted to use all DEFI or Greddy but theydon't offer wideband and I'm OCD about mixing gauge brands lol...

Attachments

• stuff032_zps26f83693.jpg
    stuff032_zps26f83693.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 188

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
On a good note. I ordered a new TRD 6sp shifter know for $49 off Amazon last night and also having the Guage pod custom made....can't wait to see it. Not sure on which gauges to run. Thinking just all AEM since they have the wideband. Wanted to use all DEFI or Greddy but theydon't offer wideband and I'm OCD about mixing gauge brands lol...

I run innovate gauges

Dimebag

Reaction score
I have the innovate LC1 in my 240 now and love it. I won't lie, it was a huge pain in the ass hooking it up and getting it to work. Took some trial and error haha....and it's such a simple install too lol.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude. http://www.tanabe-usa.com/vls.asp

Their OLED gauges are mmmm. I have the oil pressure gauge currently. Still need to swap out the the boost and wideband to match. No needed controller and are daisy chainable. :top:

Dimebag

Reaction score
Been looking at these tanabe all week now haha...too many decisions lol

Dimebag

Reaction score
Just got my new TRD shift knob in....feels pretty solid. Was wondering how the gab from know yo boot would be but honestly, I kinda dig the gap.

Attachments

• 20150919_180912.jpg
    20150919_180912.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 20150919_181134.jpg
    20150919_181134.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 20150919_181146.jpg
    20150919_181146.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 185
Top Bottom