DJM 3/3 vs 3/4

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by nick_gz1, Jun 10, 2018.

1. nick_gz1

nick_gz1 Active Member

Hey Fellas and Ladies,

I searched around on the forums and read up on everyone's drop stories and pics but i'm really trying to find the difference in the drop. I understand the height difference so is that just it? Is it a "smoother ride", does the 3/4 level out the truck or give one end a lower look, is the 3/3 just for those who live around a lot of speed bumps. I feel like I'm looking into this too much and it really just is a preference thing nothing more. I'm looking to pull the trigger on the kit just waiting to see what your opinions are. My driveway has about 5 tiny but solid speed bumps on the hill for water run off and then my work has a few 2-4 inch speed bumps as well. My daily consists of a lot of speed bumps but if its just an annoying ride I will deal with it but do you think it will put more stress on the djm kit?

2. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

It's all about personal preference...I personally like the 3" drop over the 4". I feel like the 3" almost gives the truck a reverse rake, but I know it doesn't. In theory ride quality should be better at 3" because you use the same notch and move the axle 1" less but that's more a matter of how often you bottom out. I don't have the DJM, so I can't speak to how the truck will handle speed bumps.

nick_gz1 likes this.
  3. *IrunnIt*

*IrunnIt* Active Member

I started with a 4" block. Then switched to 3", the ride is definitely better with a 3" block. But to each their own.

nick_gz1 likes this.
  4. o0opackersfano0o

o0opackersfano0o Active Member

buy the 3 and buy my 4" djm blocks ill have for sale soon and u can choose for urself :cool:

5. nick_gz1

nick_gz1 Active Member

Appreciate the insight, i need some qa1s for sure if I'm going this route.

6. markgt531

markgt531 Active Member

Same here, had 4" but went with 3" along with qa1. the 4 does give the truck a nice look but ull have to trim wheel wells depending on ur wheels.

7. nick_gz1

nick_gz1 Active Member

I plan to go 18s with "fatter" tires.

8. markgt531

markgt531 Active Member

how fat of a tire are you planning to run with ? mine was on 285 (forgot the sidewall maybe 35 and it scraped the fender with 4"

9. nick_gz1

nick_gz1 Active Member

Probably a 255 or 265