Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

djm drop 3/3

bartkwan

Reaction score
so with this kit, do any of you have trouble going in and out of drive ways as well as over speed bumps? and will carrying something about 300 lbs in the bed be a problem? also will 19's with a 40/45 series tire fit?

bartkwan

Reaction score
sorry im asking all these newbie questions, i'm pretty new to the game my bad

Jonathan

Reaction score
sorry im asking all these newbie questions, i'm pretty new to the game my bad

if you hall 300 lbs often, i wouldnt get it. as is, you must drive alot more careful now that it can scrape driveways (although i dont since i am careful) and you can now hit curbs with the front facia.

with the tires, its not about the profile series (35, 40, 45......) its about the tire diameter. a 255 35 20 and a 275 35 20 are almost an inch difference in height. the series (35 in this case) is only a percentage of the width, which is the first number.

no one has pushed the tire size with this drop, and i can get the front tires to rub the plastic inner fenders if i turn sharp and hit a bump. ill have my tires within the week hopefully, then ill be able to tell you how much work it is to make a 27.8 inch tire to fit with the djm drop.

bartkwan

Reaction score
thanx for the help, do you think i would be able to fit 19" wheels with 45 or 40 series tires 255 wide without rubbing? if not what size tire profile and width would i have to get to make the 19's fit with a djm 3"/3" drop?

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
missing snoopy

Dogo,I miss the kid myself but do like the clean look more and more.if your interested in getting a snoopy for yourself go to ebay and type in snoopy decals it will take you to all things including decals "snoopy". they are about 4-8 bucks a pr.:top:

DOGO X

Reaction score
Dogo,I miss the kid myself but do like the clean look more and more.if your interested in getting a snoopy for yourself go to ebay and type in snoopy decals it will take you to all things including decals "snoopy". they are about 4-8 bucks a pr.:top:

Just jocking! your truck looks a lot better now. :top:

DREGGA

Reaction score
You guy's trucks are lookn real sweet-n-low.
I got a question for you guys.
Is it nessary to install the c-notch whith the 3/3 drop?
thanks.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
TRUST ME YOU'LL NEED IT.NOT TO WORRY THOUGH THE NOTCHBRACKET THAT BOLTS TO THE NOTCH IS HEAVY DUTY CLOSE TO 1/4" THICK STEEL WELDED GOOD.BOLTS TO FRAME AND GOES UNDER THE NOTCH CUT OUT TO SUPPORT THE FRAME SECUELY.IF CHOOSE NOT TO YOU BETTER BE READY FOR THE ROUGHEST RIDE OF YOUR LIFE.WORSE THAN NO NOTCH WITH 2" BLOCKS. NUFF SAID.:top:

Jonathan

Reaction score
You guy's trucks are lookn real sweet-n-low.
I got a question for you guys.
Is it nessary to install the c-notch whith the 3/3 drop?
thanks.

there will be literally no suspension travel with out the notch.

CBRBob

Reaction score
Pics of the front and rear setup please! Can you show what they look like with the truck on the ground?

Last edited:

NITRAM-X

Reaction score
anyone have the SOS drop kit on their x, if so how do you like it? i live on dirt roads and cant go with the djm setup even though it looks sweet as hell!!!

CBRBob

Reaction score
I have it and its fine. 99.9% never bottom the front. Get shorter bumpstops on the rear for the 2" block and its fine, just dont carry anything without an air assit out back.

07XR808

Reaction score
how bad is the scrapage over speed bumps? i would get absolutely murdered in school and in some places

DOGO X

Reaction score
I have it and its fine. 99.9% never bottom the front. Get shorter bumpstops on the rear for the 2" block and its fine, just dont carry anything without an air assit out back.

Have you found one for our trucks? I'm looking for one Thanks! :top:

CBRBob

Reaction score
Just go to any local shop that carrys energy suspension and they will probably get it for you in a day or two. I think i have a 9/16 button head style.

DOGO X

Reaction score
Just go to any local shop that carrys energy suspension and they will probably get it for you in a day or two. I think i have a 9/16 button head style.

i was talking about the air assist! my bad

Top Bottom