Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DJM & XII drop?

gearhead899

Reaction score
Hey guys iv had the XII performance street drop for about a year now, but iv always wanted to go lower. So this weekend im finally gonna pull the trigger and buy the DJM 3/4 drop. Me and my room mate are going to tackle the install at our home garage. Now one thing he brought up which i dont know if it would even be possible, is if what if we combined the 2 lowering kits? like use the drop springs in front with the new control arms and stack the 2 sets of blocks in the rear to overall make a 4.75/ 6" total drop. is it possible? obviously i would probly have to do some fender trimming but has anyone ever attempted or done this?

UPDATE! PICS ON PAGE 6!

Last edited:

AbunaiXR

Reaction score
i wouldnt recommend stacking the blocks, unless you weld them together. even then i would still be skeptical about doing that.

gearhead899

Reaction score
i wouldnt recommend stacking the blocks, unless you weld them together. even then i would still be skeptical about doing that.

yeah my buddy could weld them, or even make new ones. Just wanted to see if the supplied notch would be enough and if someone ever did this

Ccaruolo

Reaction score
theres a 808 guy with a 5/7 or 6/7 drop hed be the one to get the info from, to my knowledge you cant run the Xii drop springs with the DJM arms but i might be mistaken. If this is your DD be prepared to scrape your frame and probably dick up your oil pan if you go that low.

gearhead899

Reaction score
theres a 808 guy with a 5/7 or 6/7 drop hed be the one to get the info from, to my knowledge you cant run the Xii drop springs with the DJM arms but i might be mistaken. If this is your DD be prepared to scrape your frame and probably dick up your oil pan if you go that low.
yeah i already found that guy and asked what his set up was. apparently hes one of those people where everything is a big secret and they cant let people know what they did or how they did it. I dont understand people like that but w/e :stupid:

AbunaiXR

Reaction score
if funds arnt a problem, id consider the XII drop leafs with the blocks. would probably be a way better ride than 6in blocks.

I would believe it was a custom fabbed notch.

gearhead899

Reaction score
if funds arnt a problem, id consider the XII drop leafs with the blocks. would probably be a way better ride than 6in blocks.

I would believe it was a custom fabbed notch.

yeah i figured it would have to get notched more but wasnt sure. thanks for the input guys :crinklehair:

rennurx

Reaction score
Let me know how the front works out, I wanna do the same thing in just the front tho. I'd think alignment would be the only problem

lvxr

Reaction score
yeah i already found that guy and asked what his set up was. apparently hes one of those people where everything is a big secret and they cant let people know what they did or how they did it. I dont understand people like that but w/e :stupid:

^^^....seriously? thats kinda weak.

i'd just ask the djm-representative or the XII-rep, they'll know for sure if it'll work or not. but i dont see why the front wont work.

For the rear: stacking blocks is kinda sketchy IMO. For the time being, i'd say go ahead and weld the blocks together. But it would be wise to begin looking for an alternative (lower leaf pack with a single block).

Can't wait to see it bro! :blurock:

gearhead899

Reaction score
Let me know how the front works out, I wanna do the same thing in just the front tho. I'd think alignment would be the only problem
Yeah dude im probly just gonna do the regular 3/4 drop for now. cant wait till its done. Gonna order the kit this weekend :blurock:

^^^....seriously? thats kinda weak.

i'd just ask the djm-representative or the XII-rep, they'll know for sure if it'll work or not. but i dont see why the front wont work.

For the rear: stacking blocks is kinda sketchy IMO. For the time being, i'd say go ahead and weld the blocks together. But it would be wise to begin looking for an alternative (lower leaf pack with a single block).

Can't wait to see it bro! :blurock:
yeah thats what i said haha i dont understand people like that. but yeah once i dive into the djm install ill do some fiddeling around to see if it would work in the rear. i have a feeling it will have to be notched more but we will see :top:

Last edited:

easts1d3

Reaction score
i have always though about djm arms with xii coils... and 3" blocks in the rear with composite leafs

Workman3886

Reaction score
Holy Hell that's going to be low, does anyone have a pic of a truck with this drop?

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
you can run djm with xii coils, you wouldnt be able to get the camber into stock specks. There is no way that you can run a 6' inch block in the back and have any suspension travel left, even with the notch I do not see it happening. When is the kit getting to you? If you want help let me know. Also make sure you order these bump stops
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/ens-15-6101g

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Not the same, but here's DJM + SOS drops:

IMG_8206.jpg

eXtenzeHI said that it "Felt worst than a damn slammed civic..."

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=50571

According to his mod list...
"DJM+C2C 1" Spindle Spacers | Angled Beefed 4" Inch Blocks No-Notch (for now)"

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
you'd have like zero suspension travel in the rear. djm 3/4 is as low as i'd ever go with my truck. just put some bigger tires/rims on to fill the wheel wells out more

Mr.X

Reaction score

I asked him too and he wouldn't share any info either.

As for the drops the springs and control arms CAN be combined but the stacking of blocks is a big NO NO. I would maybe try getting the lowering leaf springs and adding a block to that. That's what I did but my block is only 1.75inch on the 2.25inch leafs for an over all 4inch drop

you'd have like zero suspension travel in the rear. djm 3/4 is as low as i'd ever go with my truck. just put some bigger tires/rims on to fill the wheel wells out more

Do not put bigger tires that will mess with the speedo and mpg

Another thing to try is the lowering spring with a 1inch (leveling plate or what ever its called. It's what goes on top of the spring before the bellow) that'll give you a 3.75 in the front and if you do the lowering leaf springs with a 2.5inch block you'll get. Nice 3.75/4.75

Last edited:

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
why do guys wanna be that/this low anyway? just take out the suspension! that would be SICK! HAHA idk just my opinion

eXtenzeHi

Reaction score
I think Ryanjboutin on Tacomaworld has a 1inch spacer, Sittin Sic Stiff springs that are cut 1inch with the DJM. 5inch total or something like that.

The best bet for the rear is steel leafs, notch, and blocks.

Not the same, but here's DJM + SOS drops:

IMG_8206.jpg

eXtenzeHI said that it "Felt worst than a damn slammed civic..."

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=50571

According to his mod list...
"DJM+C2C 1" Spindle Spacers | Angled Beefed 4" Inch Blocks No-Notch (for now)"

Thanks Steve. The SOS and DJM was terrible. But the 1Inch Spindle spacer is much more driveable.

Last edited:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
4 link the rear, and custom coilover up front? what the problem is?

dude with the bsp x with the killer drop, have you tried crying some more about how much it cost you? Is it really so hard to say what you did? "I had a custom notch out back, custom blocks/leaf springs" yadda yadda.

my 2 cents.

Top Bottom