Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DJM & XII drop?

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Hahaha wow what a dick lol.. makes me giggle.

IIRC, his FB page said hes only 17...so you cant expect a lot of maturity out of him...:rolleyez:

OP: At that level of a drop, your gonna have some serious issues with high centering... I would start with DJM level, and go from there. If you still dont think its low enough, then by all means....slam it.

gearhead899

Reaction score
IIRC, his FB page said hes only 17...so you cant expect a lot of maturity out of him...:rolleyez:

OP: At that level of a drop, your gonna have some serious issues with high centering... I would start with DJM level, and go from there. If you still dont think its low enough, then by all means....slam it.

wow 17?? no wonder he thinks he knows everything lol but yeah Kevin, i know it will probly be a pain in the ass to drive if it throw the lowering springs in front but i may do it just to see how it looks. but i expect it to be a pain to drive especially with high centering like you said since the wheel base is so long

SooRunner

Reaction score
I'm guessing DJM works best with stock height spring, so I don't think you can get aftermarket stock spring height. So he prob got the 1000ppi springs and added some spacer to make it the stock spring height???

Ccaruolo

Reaction score
I'm guessing DJM works best with stock height spring, so I don't think you can get aftermarket stock spring height. So he prob got the 1000ppi springs and added some spacer to make it the stock spring height???

Xii makes stiffer stock height springs, running the stiffer spring with the spacer isn't needed.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
73393_497088420335100_234266236_n.jpg

Resurrecting this. Does anyone know his setup? All i know is he has DJM with 18 inch volks and stretched tires. I know for sure just the DJM alone will give him wheel gap with his tire setup.

His is DJM 3-4 and sittin sic track ready drop:

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=45024

Last edited:

lvxr

Reaction score
that swb is nasty... damn, cant imagine how difficult daily driving would be

gearhead899

Reaction score
sweet so thats basically how it will look if i do the DJM and use my drop springs in the front huh? im excited. already ordered and got my new ball joints and ill be placing the order for the actual DJM kit tomorrow :rockon:

Ccaruolo

Reaction score
sweet so thats basically how it will look if i do the DJM and use my drop springs in the front huh? im excited. already ordered and got my new ball joints and ill be placing the order for the actual DJM kit tomorrow :rockon:

good luck, curious to see how you plan to correct the extreme camber that is going to be a result of the drop springs and DJM.

gearhead899

Reaction score
good luck, curious to see how you plan to correct the extreme camber that is going to be a result of the drop springs and DJM.
just gonna try to align it the best I can and ill just probly have to deal with camber tire wear on my front tires

gearhead899

Reaction score
ok guys. got the drop done today. im exhausted, i just got a hot shower and sat down to type this and cracked a beer so im set for tonight lol overall install went pretty smooth. AND YES I LEFT THE XII DROP SPRINGS IN THE FRONT... and let me just say... it looks siiiiiick! tucks tire just a bit and overall looks mean. took it for a few mile drive and only rubbed a tad when making a sharp turn into a development. I still need to have it aligned thursday so we will see how that goes. I know the camber wont be 100% but we will see how bad it is. Tomorrow i will be washing it and giving the wheels a fresh coat of black paint for spring/summer so i will post completed pics then. but until then i have a few pics from today as well as a quick teaser :top:

get-attachment_zps4f2b9863.jpg

507b4f6a-5f26-4bd9-a0a1-12169d4c1954_zps0f40fdad.jpg

get-attachment3_zps84ea8b12.jpg

get-attachment2_zps3524cd77.jpg

get-attachment5_zps604d1803.jpg

Top Bottom