DoubllD's Juggernaut Build

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by Doublld, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Doublld

Doublld Active Member

Lol needy jk that is gadgets old engine. The fan is from ffdynamics also I had it on the dyno lost oil pressure an it's at darton right now it had almost 400whp an wasn't half way through the session yet.

Attached Files:

2. Doublld

Doublld Active Member

Had a freak thing happen the plug for the oil galley popped after right after I completed my whole build number 6 bearing got hurt need a new crank but everything else is fine so hopefully after a week or 2 should be back on the dyno here is a pic

Attached Files:

3. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

Long long ago. In a galaxy far far away.....:crinklehair:

As far as I know, it all started here. >>> http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=50731

[​IMG]

The custom intake manifold made by a friend of a friend of mine, here in town. Was originally going to be tested on Toon's truck, but his was in the shop gettting tuned. Was instead tested on 1GRracer's for fitment, but didn't fit. Little did we realize that it didn't fit because his hood is different than that of the Tacoma. Time past, and DoubllD picked it up as he wanted it regardless. Wouldn't you know, it fits the Tacoma perfectly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I remember Gabe, the fabricator, getting it flow benched. He told me that it flowed as well as an aftermarket intake manifold for an LS1 or LS2. So it moves some air. :giggity:

#3 Torspd, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  4. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

Then, a few months past, and he picked up the 1st Darton MID sleeved engine from Gadget.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Made a table out of his old engine.

[​IMG]

5. TommyXrunner

TommyXrunner New Member

before and after dyno...... :dontknow:

6. Doublld

Doublld Active Member

There is no before or after at this moment I will have a after soon. Also here is more pics

Attached Files:

7. Redlantern

Redlantern Member

Lmao. Where did this come from all of a sudden? Great start to a thread!

8. TommyXrunner

TommyXrunner New Member

truck looks wicked man!

9. Can XR

Can XR New Member

Wow now thats a build ! I totally forgot about that intake manifold. Glad it found a home and is being put to use.

10. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

Sweetness.. man there's gonna be a lot of us on here with built engines now... Look forward to how it ride n puts down the power..

11. hottacoX

hottacoX Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome and nice project!! Certainly scored a deal on that motor.... care to share more on the bearing pic? Looks terrible!!

I love the table idear!! I hope to do the same soon!!

12. Doublld

Doublld Active Member

Well the whole setup was running as of last Saturday an I was on the dyno doin pulls then all of a sudden no oil pressure found the oil galley plug had popped out so took it 2 darton an they told me I needed a new crank. Number six was the only bearing Hurt it didn't spin an no noise so the rest of the engine is fine. Also the pic of the bearing is what happened 2 my stock engine that's why this entire build has come about lol. When I get all the bearings and crank back from darton I'm gonna assemble out everything back in an then make a custom front mount and get back on the dyno. The last pull before all the madness happened I was at 10psi and had 385 whp

13. X-roller

X-roller New Member

What size snail?

14. hottacoX

hottacoX Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah that sucks, I feel your pain.....

My motor wasn't pulling oil to the top while cranking, I intent to mention this issue to Paul at Dezod!

15. X-roller

X-roller New Member

You should never crank an engine that far to begin with when its dry. An engines oil pump has to spin pretty fast to fully fill the system with oil. The only thing i would have them do is look those cams over because no assembly lube plus no oil and cranking.... i dont even want to think about it...:ahhhhh:

16. Doublld

Doublld Active Member

I agree I had assembly lube oil an Vaseline in the pump 2 create pressure. The snail is a 67mm

17. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

This has been a common issue with these engines after a teardown rebuild... Hope I dont these problems....

18. hottacoX

hottacoX Moderator
    Staff Member

I hear ya but keep in mind I payed for a complete long block that shouldn't have run into any issues... And should have been ready to fire....

I am not looking forwar to what dezod finds

DoubleD any idea on time fram for you to get her up and running again?

#18 hottacoX, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  19. Doublld

Doublld Active Member

Well as soon as I get a crank an bearings maybe 3 days after that

20. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

Not mine. :D Just should have torn this one apart to clean it when I got it. I will be much more thorough on all future similarities.