Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Doug Thorley Headers, Tacoma 05+ Long Tube [THY-515L-C] ?get or not?

Juan89

Reaction score
:adore:please help? im thinking about getting these headers anyone got these kind on your truck?

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
dude get them!!! you will not regret it. one of the best power mods for the money for sure, you will notice ALOT more mid range power. DeathShadow can hook you up with a stellar deal on these and you will support an XRU vendor :top:

i'm stock except for my long tube headers and dynoed with about 267RWTQ on a dyno dynamics to give you some idea how much power you will see.

Last edited:

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
DO ITTTTTT!!!!!! you will not regret it!!!!!

Tunedx

Reaction score
Only sacrifice is bottom end but u gain top end and rasp is issue depending on the muffler u are running.

Murderface

Reaction score
Only sacrifice is bottom end but u gain top end and rasp is issue depending on the muffler u are running.

He speaks the truth! I had the magnaflow catback with the longtubes and have since switched to the URD quiet muffler. No more rasp and not as loud with a much deeper note!

But as far as lo end loss-u won't notice:top:

Gadget

Reaction score
They do unleash a good bit of power.

If you want a set, let me know. I can get it shipped right out to you.

G

KETCHUP

Reaction score
go for it. most of us it is our favorite performance mod (besides blowers). You will like the increase in power and definitely the sound.

Let G-man hook you up with a set of these at a great price. + if you buy from him you get a discount on the o2 sim (which is recommended for these headers).

urdusa.com

mrguy33391

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting some of those dtlt also. I want them to add total 0 to 60 speed when I add them. What is the high end and low end gains and loss. Also I already have the URD 3" exhaust, but I'm worried about my warranty on all this stuff. I made sure I had the truck fully covered for a long time when I got it, and don't want to ruin it, but TRD has no good mods.

Mr.X

Reaction score
headers was the best bang for my buck i put them one same time i put my TRD CAI and they matched up really nice id get it if i wer you ..i have a question tho do u need the rear o2 sim????

gosaints420

Reaction score
You don't need it but your check engine light will stay on and you wont know if there is a real problem. unless you have a scanguage or x-1

Gadget

Reaction score
headers was the best bang for my buck i put them one same time i put my TRD CAI and they matched up really nice id get it if i wer you ..i have a question tho do u need the rear o2 sim????

Yes you do!

Forum members get a free sim and free Continental US Shipping when with a purchase of LONG TUBE Headers from URD.

G

mrguy33391

Reaction score
Do they mess with my warranty? Cause I would love to get some!

Bobo

Reaction score
Yes you do!

Forum members get a free sim and free Continental US Shipping when with a purchase of LONG TUBE Headers from URD.

G

I know I have resurrected a very old thread :rolleyez:

Does this still apply for forum members? And do you need to get the MAF Calibartor or the MAF/Timing Calibrator with the headers?

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
you can use the MAF cali to tune the ecu to make more power, but you'll need the o2 if you run the headers so you don't get a check engine light.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Yes you do!

G

Wahahhaaaaaatttt!??!?!?!?

and why the f*** didn't i know this sooner.... That just went up to the top of my list for next purchase....

I bet this will complement the TRD S/C nicely come this winter... Thanks for the heads up G. :rockon:

Jwall

Reaction score
Spring y pipe and DTLTH :D :rock:

So pumped!

Boost JuNKy

Reaction score
My favorite power mod so far until I got enuf for an x1 and blower. My gibson exhaust sounded so nice with them as well!
Give G a call! He gave me a good deal with mine!

PiNkY

Reaction score
i didn't get my sims for free............:frown: & i was a member at time of purchase

Top Bottom