Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drift Event photos, videos, results...future???

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
READ FIRST!!!!***videos and photos in this initial post is a teaser....real videos, and better photos will come up soon enough... This epic story was too much to hold back any longer...:top:

Keep this in mind, im the ONLY CAR in top 8 who did no have a trailer...i also had to drive 110 miles back home... its also my Daily driver....:blurock:
___________________________________________grab some popcorn, sit back, and hold on...

This past Saturday was my first real Drift competition, with real competitors, higher stakes and actual FD judges/drivers... I have to say, it went quite well...(that only ONE XRU member came out to, despite free tickets...)

>Day started off with open practice, ride a-longs and of course, a introduction for the drivers to what to expect for the competition, what we are being judged on and course layout. I know the track pretty well, so it was a just a matter of hitting all the clipping points the judges wanted to see and of course not mess up....

My fellow drift truck enthusiast amigo was on duty as spotter, making sure the truck looks right, and im hitting all the points... He immediately made a excellent call pertaining to my QA-1 settings...i kicked up the driver side shock, one extra click over passenger. this helped to level the truck out, do the weight bias causes by my battery, driver and gas tank all being on the same side... That yielded nearly ZERO body roll. Considering the track is two major right sweepers, having the driver side stiffer made sense. See below... NO BODY ROLL..... even with out bloddy coil overs...

323147_444663112232076_1626819965_o.jpg

Before i get flammed for having no bumper, grill or hood...it was almost 100*'s out there, and my IAT's became a massive concern with the TRD heat pump...lol So, in the drifting spirit, off came the body panels...:biggrin:

>>Truck continued to run great all day. and finally it came time for qualifying. 3 judges, each can give out 30 points, and bonus 10 for crowd reaction. Things like tire smoke, angle, hitting the clipping points, where all judged.You are deducted points for dirt dropping (dipping a tire into the dirt), hitting tires, cones and walls are consider point deductions. You had 3 chances to score as much as possible.

My First qualifying run was ok...but my second run, was freaking spotless...:blurock:

heres is the scores after qualifying finished...incase you didnt know, my name is Kevin...

292396_472386292790755_858102887_n.jpg

So yah, not bad IMHO. I nailed every damn clipping point, carried lots of speed, and generally kicked loads of ass. :blurock: So i qualified first, shutting down 4 Pro-am drivers in purpose built Drift cars... Not bad IMHO...

>>>This led me to go up against 16th place in the actual main event, he must have been scared of the almighty Taco... didn't even show up...so i got a by run....all i had to do was complete one lap...yah...so hard. :rolleyez:

The came the great 8, just when i thought things where going great and i might actually win this...i found out who/what i was going against....:ahhhhh:

599546_444327498932304_1180068125_n.jpg

here's something to pour over.... 2,800 lbs. LS2 running e85. bored/stroked to 427...4 speed Nascar transmission, full cage, fire suppression system....750whp... Fully built to Formula Drift spec.:ahhhhh:

And Just like that, my hopes went to the shitter.... I make SOME power....maybe 350whp now that im at 9spi...but not stroked ls2 kind of power...:ahhhhh:

My only saving grace was that he really cant use that power until the back part of the track...So we lined up, me leading first.... and i cant even hear my truck idling...2.5" straight piped, cammed, v8 makes some serious noise...:rockon:

I pitched into the first corner deep, aiming for the clipping point running wide....peg it into the first corner, and hes actually kind of far back...but i can still hear the beast, and it was scaring me shitless...

539573_342253885855185_261191974_n.jpg

Our own Grumpy snapped this photo with his phone...notbad.jpg :blurock:

then, right as i go to transition...it got quiet...well, drift truck at WOT kind of quiet... point is i didnt hear him... He spun out...freaking spun out...750whp was too much:biggrin:

Over the sound of my motor, tires and freaking blower, i could hear the crowd go nuts...best feeling ever. But i was not done....i had to now try and follow him, albeit, all i had to do was not royally **** up...and i'd advance to top 4. So i did all i could and when i chased him down, i tried to stick to him the best could... First corner, i was significantly closer to him the he was to me on the first run. I actually stayed somewhat close to him, through out the entire run, despite the massive power difference... Im not gonna lie, i actually amazed my self. :blurock:

>>>>After that flawless run, I advanced to top 4... naturally, im up against a track regular, who is typically scary consistent and fast, competes at Pro-am level...difference is the power levels were alot closer... 300whp instead of 700+... skill level, he is significantly better.

178093_444663175565403_266076982_o.jpg

Welp, the time came...lined up against him, me leading first. I held no bars, and took off drag race style and mobbed hard into the first corner, pitched sideways and layed in it...yup, just as i feared, hes riding shot gun...i hear his car loud and clear. As the track narrows up for corner, bus-stop (switch back kink thingy), he got choked up when 218"s of truck went a swinging, he braked, backed off, and lost it... :)

At this point, im on cloud 9, adrenaline is pumping and im stoked to show him what i can do during the follow run... I returned the favor and stayed right on him, but fell back a little on the last corner...

>>>>>Results came in, I'm in the top two...i moved on...the question was, who was i up against...Just i feared...someone who i knew i was royal f*cked against... Ryan Litteral. another Pro-Am driver..has a 4age, 20 valve powered 86, he is ungodly rowdy, and if hes not pitching it 90*s into a corner, hes having a bad run....Heres a photo of him, a few months back....trying to touch my butt-hole, as we call it... this was before i really had any sort of idea what i was doing in terms of tanduming...:rolleyez:

414959_327769547270120_305240189_o.jpg

Before this final battle started, Ryan cam up to me and asked one simple question... "are you driving your truck home" yup...."so i assume i cant get too rowdy?"....i then decided, fawk it "you avoid my axles/wheels, anything goes bro" :blurock: we high fived, and set of to put on one helluva show...

Me leading first, you can guess where he was the entire time...all i could hear was that that damn 4ag screaming like a mad spider monkey...i slipped up a bit, but held it and kept it for the entire run...

Next came what i feared, me trying to follow this mad man...i tired...i really did...:frown:

First corner, i come in way to hot, and brake to avoid him, and cut up the rumble strip and drop my right front into the dirt...and it only got worse...trying to follow him into the switch back, yielded my ass end getting way out of shape and dirt dropping, and smacking a rumble strip...hard...very hard...but, i clutch kicked, gassed it and tried my best to real him in, no use...hes was to far away and my truck felt f*cked...something was a rye...turns out i Cracked a rim, and De-beaded a tire...:ahhhhh:

well, as much as i was hoping for a one more time(rebuttal because to close to call), Ryan put on two flawless runs and took the victory...

Ended up walking away with a bottle of Jaieger, $500 and some useless car polish....lol...me waxing my truck...:laugh:

306640_342235552523685_1254782210_n.jpg

...but the fun was just beginning...they reopened the tack for ride alongs, i was then informed that it was time for the drift trains...for those who dont know, thats more then 3 cars tanduming at one time. So yah, it was time to get rowdy...I stopped giving f*cks hours ago, and ddi my best to stick to everyones passenger door and get as rowdy as possible, there was daylight and tires that needed burning...

Here is a small teaser, shot from my passengers POV of a meager 4 car run....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqemg5OpSvI&hd=1[/ame]

After this all went down, Ryan being a good sport open his shop up for a HUGE after party....complete with some good ol fashion street drifting... Turns out, he used the money from that even to pay rent on the very same shop he invited damn near half the track too. As much as i would have liked $1000, i couldn't think of a more worthy driver. :adore: We all got fawked up and had a one helluva time.

All in all...That was the greatest event of my life...so far....I learned a ting or two about what professiona comp can be like...and the requirements needed to compete in it....big things are planned, it will take some time and a shit ton of money....but...it should yield something borderline clinically insane...

5words for you guys.... Formula D spec X-runner...

Last edited:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty sweet day!!! Way to kill it in the X!!

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I love how you say "not bad" lol.... that isn't "not bad" it is Fing awesome. Congrats Kev!!!!! Keep up them videos and pics!

GR6RR

Reaction score
" I can't see!... neither can I...." awesome man! thanks for sharing

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Like I said...stay Tuned....there will.be more footage coming tonight/early tomorrow. :crinklehair:

redarkx

Reaction score
Congrats buddy! Sounds like an epic 2nd place and a great time.

Toon714

Reaction score
Kevin looks like the stig driving ur truck! Jk
Congrats man. Ur moving up to the pro ladder.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Just some shitty cellphone footage my buddy had...good stuff is still to come.

this was the Bye run i got during the comp;

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBwCO1hc8bY&hd=1[/ame]

example of why you can have too much power.... couldn't hang with the Drift truck...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqXA1F0_OnU&hd=1[/ame]

This is the kind of pressure i was under, Ryan, the guy who beat me in the final round, is in the Blue Hachi....they kept drifting past the point they judged you at, mearly for show...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-fbfRBEVac&hd=1[/ame]

The video of the final battle, where i lost, is still to come... :D

Way to represent man! Hats off to you.

I do what i can. :top:

stangly enough...i still don't have a XRU sticker on my truck...:hmmmm2:...been meaning to get one...

Last edited:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
brotha the things you do whippin that X is amazin IMO.
She doesn't look pretty....but I think there isn't much way to keep her show ready and do what you do.
grats on the placin and the goodies. Ill take that wax....lol.

video was cool. likin the end... "I can't see anything.....neither can I"

was cool to see him lose it. :top:

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
brotha the things you do whippin that X is amazin IMO.
She doesn't look pretty....but I think there isn't much way to keep her show ready and do what you do.
grats on the placin and the goodies. Ill take that wax....lol.

video was cool. likin the end... "I can't see anything.....neither can I"

was cool to see him lose it. :top:

Thanks dude. I could, in theory get he back to show quality, but all im doing is taking hard earned money, and gambling it away, cause its not a if im gonna ruin it, its when...unles i have big name sponsors who will pay to make her look pretty..., its not gonna happen any time soon.... I do sometimes wonder what a flawless XR would look like, sideways the way i drive mine...:rolleyez:

Gimmie yo address son, if i find time, i could send the wax your way...:top: Dead serious too. Its even all-ready boxed up. :laugh:

and another photo....

336324_444679172230470_505973371_o.jpg

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
If there is one man capable of proving what an XR and Truck can do in FD, it is you. Hands down Kev. I am truly anxious to see where this all leads!

I<3JDM

Reaction score
Awsome pics and vids man!! Because Drift Truck!!! :adore:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Teaser video....this is my qualifying run....the 99%er...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhaKClSyeUM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Last edited:
Top Bottom