Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

F/I Horsepower and Supporting Mods

shane881510

Reaction score
good deal so staying at 5500 to 5700 rev limit with 10 psi and good tune would be safe

Murderface

Reaction score
Full boost @ 3200.

Full boost not till 3200? That sux! Shoulda kept ur blower mang!

good deal so staying at 5500 to 5700 rev limit with 10 psi and good tune would be safe

Will be installing the URD 2.55" pulley this weekend which should give me more then the sometimes 11psi I saw with the 2.8" and NST OD pulleys, keep in mind I have a stock y pipe so boost will show higher on my truck then one with a cat less y pipe......ill report back

Last edited:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score

Will be installing the URD 2.55" pulley this weekend which should give me more then the sometimes 11psi I saw with the 2.8" and NST OD pulleys, keep in mind I have a stock y pipe so boost will show higher on my truck then one with a cat less y pipe......ill report back

John, wheres your build thread? Also cool man...thats gonna be sweet when u open the hood and see that tiny pulley on there...Time for new tune whos gonna do it?

Murderface

Reaction score
New tune? Don't need one bro just slap it on and go! I never made a build thread even with my 20k in mods cause I never snapped pics

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
New tune? Don't need one bro just slap it on and go! I never made a build thread even with my 20k in mods cause I never snapped pics

Do one now for your stuff...lol...Yeah man r u kidding no retune? Gotta make sure its all runnin right man...

Murderface

Reaction score
That's what X-Tune is for, take it out watch the A/F's, do some logs, have G look me over(since I bought my X-1 new from him and then have at it.

Should be fine since its only a hair more boost.......1psi more if I'm lucky

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
That's what X-Tune is for, take it out watch the A/F's, do some logs, have G look me over(since I bought my X-1 new from him and then have at it.

Should be fine since its only a hair more boost.......1psi more if I'm lucky

I didnt realize that cuz u bought your X1 from him that he tunes it for u. I too got mine fresh from him but didnt know that. Dave does mine .

Toon714

Reaction score

Lol. I have boost all the way to redline.
And my turbo keeps pulling. No turbo lag. :)

I qould never go back to the trd.
Ill go turbo or urd. :)

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
a lot of talk about turbo lag.... just curious but is it possible to run a twin turbo set up with a set of smaller turbos and making boost as low as 2500 rpm and making decent power? i might be considering a project car in the next year or 2 and would like to experiment with a turbo setup but really don't want any serious turbo lag

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Trust me. Toon doesn't have the lag.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score

when buying turbos if i don't want lag do i simply buy smaller turbos or are there other things to consider when looking for a setup without turbo lag?

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
when buying turbos if i don't want lag do i simply buy smaller turbos or are there other things to consider when looking for a setup without turbo lag?

Dual ceramic ball bearing will work wonders like u couldnt imagine....lol...it will spin up n e turbo so fast its awesome!

Murderface

Reaction score

He does too have lag.....maybe not turbo lag but he got some lag:crinklehair:

Lol. I have boost all the way to redline.
And my turbo keeps pulling. No turbo lag. :)

I qould never go back to the trd.
Ill go turbo or urd. :)

I go boost all the way to redline:stupid: and what feels like power all the way up, never had it dynod and never will, I'm not one to try and brag about power levels if if I was running turbo or urd. Maybe if I did dynos before each mod so I could see what gains I made

Anyways Jimmy I was just playing, I'm sure yo shit is to legit to quit(sorry just saw VMA clip with MC Hammer and PSY)

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you look through the instructions of say an AEM Wideband gauge, it will clearly say to install post turbo. Due to pressures pre turbo that can cause the sensor to malfunction and or be permanently damaged.

Rule of thumb is no closer that 6" to turbine outlet. So anywhere after that is fine.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
If you look through the instructions of say an AEM Wideband gauge, it will clearly say to install post turbo. Due to pressures pre turbo that can cause the sensor to malfunction and or be permanently damaged.

Rule of thumb is no closer that 6" to turbine outlet. So anywhere after that is fine.
I would like to add if you wish to run an EGT, exhaust gas temperature, sensor run it BEFORE the turbo, ideally in the manifold. I can go into more detail if necessary but this is the general placement. Just fyi.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
No problem, happy to contribute something. When I can get to a computer at work I can go more in depth.

shane881510

Reaction score
so as long as it's 6in away from turbine it will read correctly any we're on the exhaust.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Mine is now a little over a foot away.

Top Bottom