FakeXrunners

Discussion in 'Stock Exterior' started by XRabbitX, Jul 16, 2017.

1. XRabbitX

XRabbitX New Member

[​IMG]
    I've been looking to buy an xRunner the past week and I ran into 3 trucks that were fake xRunners. Advertise as xRunner but were preRunners, bummer. I recently found a 2009 xRunner online but it had a "TRD Sport" decal on the back right which the seller claims to be the xRunner sports package. I never seen this before. My question, is this normal? Has anyone seen an xRunner TRD sport package?

As you can tell I'm fairly new to these awesome trucks and I just want to have a better understanding before I buy. Thanks everyone!

2. 30Birdy

30Birdy Member

No such package on a real X Runner. An easy way to tell would be to look for the X brace between the spare tire and rear bumper. Good luck in your search, these are really nice trucks.

3. o0opackersfano0o

o0opackersfano0o Active Member

Check carstory.com that's where I found mine u can search for just xrunners

4. SgtBadA

SgtBadA Member

Another dead give away is the xrunner will have a 6 speed manual. But it's always best to check the VIN number. Xrunner's will have a specific VIN

5. XRabbitX

XRabbitX New Member

I did check the vin, which is a real XRunner. It had an xBrace, 5 lug, and 6 speed manual. Bought the truck and loving it! I know it's going to be pricey to fix up, so I'll start with the easy stuff. Going to clean up the interior a bit, update the suspension and basic engine mods... Anyone have a good website store I can look into? Floor mats, shocks replacement, air intake, etc... thanks everyone.

6. MrX-runner

MrX-runner Member

Congrats with ur new ride.

7. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

8. SgtBadA

SgtBadA Member

If you want to lower it check out XII performance. Buck and Amy are awesome to deal with.

9. XRabbitX

XRabbitX New Member

Thanks bsp06xru & SgtbadA. Definitely want to lower my truck. What's a common wheel size for the xRunner after lowering? I'm just using it as a daily rn so no track. Thanks for all the info everyone.

Torspd likes this.
  10. Billy182

Billy182 Member

You can consider getting the stock wheels powder coated black or your color of choice

11. 30Birdy

30Birdy Member

Chrome wheels look good too;). Put your wants together and start a thread, I'm sure a few of us have parts available for you too.

12. XRabbitX

XRabbitX New Member

I'm looking to buy new rims, maybe Volks Racing or Works...