Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

favorite type of oil filter

favorite type of oil filter

• Amsoil

Votes: 32 13.0%
  • Mobile1

Votes: 36 14.6%
  • OEM

Votes: 72 29.3%
  • Fram

Votes: 25 10.2%
  • Purolator

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • K&N

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Bosch

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 20 8.1%

• Total voters

outlaw7

Reaction score
Here is a good thread with break down, videos and SQ in measurements of the filter materials.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/te...-oil-filter-made-thailand-vs-competition.html
that thread was the reason i switched back to the oem filter, i just saw this chart in my latest amsoil magazine and it blew my mind. The toyota filter is dead last...
2011-10-20_15-26-15_835.jpg

might be time to switch back to amsoil.

lj973gm

Reaction score
Hard to believe someone has that much time to spend on filters but I am grateful for the info.

TacomaGus

Reaction score
that thread was the reason i switched back to the oem filter, i just saw this chart in my latest amsoil magazine and it blew my mind. The toyota filter is dead last...
2011-10-20_15-26-15_835.jpg

might be time to switch back to amsoil.

useful info, always heard that the OEM toyota one was the best. In 4k miles i guess i'll be switching to Amsoil synthetic and filter from my current Mobil 1 and OEM filter

Phil Dammit

Reaction score
Fram and castrol syntec.... win on top of ****ing win. Even though the douchemagoo at checkers tried to tell me that, and I quote.... 'Fram is not quality'. Do your job and sell me my part. Dont try and be a smartass and pretend you actually know something about cars behind htat counter there bud.

butters607

Reaction score
I have been using the oem and it really does do its job it doesn't drain back the nasty oil when I did my oil change this past weekend I let the filter sit in the drain pain for like two days before anything came out....

justin13703

Reaction score
OEM is the only filter that anyone needs to be using on their Tacoma. 5 or 6 bucks each, and it's been proven that they usually have more than twice the filter media of most other filters. You figure when Toyota has to warranty motors you bet that the oil filters they make will be better than anything else.

Xcandyman

Reaction score
I like the ease of use that the K&N offers with its wrench on and off feature. Also seems to do a great job with filtration.

Doublld

Reaction score
You need to add royal purple on there because it's the best out there

07XR808

Reaction score
i use the K&N oil filter with Royal Purple oil. Works well for me. Prior to that I've used Amsoil oil with OEM filter.

rebXehle420

Reaction score
Im gonna use toyota filters until my warrenty runs out, but with my other cars i usually used Mobil1 filters which work awesome. Also used the Purolator Synthetic filters which are awesome too.

So Purolator or Mobil1 for me.

Saltnpeppe11

Reaction score
Normally use Wix filters mostly because i have always gotten them at a big discount from working at NAPA or for free through my race teams~!

Top Bottom