Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fender flare modifacation!?

Jwheatley

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just got my 06 XR last year acter selling my 94 Rx7 and love it! After jumping on the forum's have a HUGE list of mods I want to do starting this summer. Most of my questions and how to's are answered from previous forum's, now hoping I dont get to much flak for this mod idea.

Still being a tuner guy I had extended flares on my 7 to a wider aggressive stance. Now with the XR having the small fender flares has anyone put though or tryed to put bigger flares like for eg. The sr5 1.75 smooth flares or Bushmaster pocket flares (hate the rivet look, just using it as a visual reference) to give it a wider stance? Hope I am getting this across without sounding retarded! But is it possible or has someone done it. Im on my mobile but will post pics for eg if im not coming across clear.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Have you seen THIS thread? :dontknow:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Welcome to the Underground! :top:

NODRULN

Reaction score
dang super wide stance!!! i would like a 14" lip please...

Jwheatley

Reaction score
Wow thanks for link, wasnt quite thinking that extreme. Only maybe an inch or so maybe to fit +12 and up off set. But thanks for the link!

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
Something like this would be dope as fu**

image.jpg

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I've thought about the glassworks fenders and bedsides many times, it really only takes one person to take the time/spend the money to see if it works. It's just who is going to be that person? lol.

Ccaruolo

Reaction score
I've thought about the glassworks fenders and bedsides many times, it really only takes one person to take the time/spend the money to see if it works. It's just who is going to be that person? lol.

You are lol

Jwheatley

Reaction score
I was thinking for myself... Well I want to get VorrsToen ES 2 for my X with at the very least +12 offset. Didn't want my tires sticking past my flares, so personally not going for the wide fenders just bigger flares. Like the Tacoma Sr5 flares bit wider and taller then the skinny X flaring. Just so tires and flares sit flush with a wider tire stance.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking for myself... Well I want to get VorrsToen ES 2 for my X with at the very least +12 offset. Didn't want my tires sticking past my flares, so personally not going for the wide fenders just bigger flares. Like the Tacoma Sr5 flares bit wider and taller then the skinny X flaring. Just so tires and flares sit flush with a wider tire stance.

nothing wrong with a lil poke....:rockon:

there are a few members running those wheels with +12 that are DJM...

triumphx

Reaction score
Mind posting a pic? Would love to see the +12 and see if I need to go more!

a04a3bdde58b5b80f63f09aac10d931f.jpg
[/IMG]

8e4b3aafb7ad1d0bdace43102cf6fb73.jpg
[/IMG]

e2fe55873ce5eb52b8312fa2d3dbace1.jpg
[/IMG]

Front is 18x9.2 +12 275/40/18 and Rear is 18x9.5 +20 285/40/18. The rear pokes a bit too much for me but it's because of the 285s, the 275s in rear were perfect. However since I tow a boat I'm at stock rear height and needed a bit more meat in the wheel well

Last edited:

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
those jungle fender flares might look pretty good. they not as much over kill as the others

Top Bottom