Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

finally need new tires...

joman

Reaction score
i haven't been on a while so thought i would post...it has been 2.5 years since i had my truck and i finally need tires...any recommendations? any good deals anybody knows of? i don't think i can pay the for the bridge stone we have cause its kinda expensive... any insight would help...

thanks!

Murderface

Reaction score
I've been able to find the stock tires for as low as $160ish. With that being said what type of tire do u expect to get for less then that price? Probably gonna be a cheap tire if so.

I was able to get my Nitto Invos for $160 a piece from Discounttiredirect.com. U should be able to find a broad selection at a decent price if u just search thru some sites. Just be aware of discounted tires and when they were made. I thought I was getting a sweet deal on tires for my wives Altima but when they showed up they were older then the car and the car was 6 years old:thumpdown: that was from tirerack.com

Amarillo X

Reaction score
I got 18" nitto 555's for 146 a tire...not bad but for two dollars more per tire I coulda had the invo's....

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I was happy with Sumitomo HTR Z3s on my 06 and I'm going to put a set on my 08 in a couple months.

Edgeman

Reaction score
I've been able to find the stock tires for as low as $160ish. With that being said what type of tire do u expect to get for less then that price? Probably gonna be a cheap tire if so.

That's why I'm thinking about putting on OEM replacements. Costco finally carries our tires, and it's hard to be the price when they put it on sale...especially with their road hazard warranty & lifetime (for the life of the tires...lol) balancing, etc.

Don't know if I can find a better tire for the price. It's designed to do one thing very well...get the vehicle around a track as quickly as possible. Yes, you can put on harder compound, and/or all season tires, but you trade off "stickiness" for either longer life or better traction in the elements. Both of those tire choices mean your lap times & basic handling will decrease. But if you don't want, or don't need your X-Runner to handle like it's on rails, by all means select harder compound replacements.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
I am running Cooper Zeon's and I actually like them. Hook up pretty good, and they were 10 sumthin dollars cheaper with the KDWs I was looking on getting......

sinister07

Reaction score
I have been looking at tires too And I think www.tirerack.com has the best deals. There are some decent tires on the site for about 120ish

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I have 4 original Bridgestone 050 with only 17000. km(11000 miles) on them. The 2 front tires are lke new and the 2 back ones with about 75% left . They sell for $200 a piece. Was asking $600 Can (tires are over 300 a piece in Can), any reasonable offer wil get a respond. I can always take a trip across the border.

B-runner

Reaction score
let me know when you wanna get your tires.. ill take you to the homies shop..

Top Bottom