Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

For the hawaii community:recon

Ni66aTaco

Reaction score
How's it, my names ram-z. Pretty new to the xru scene and to all this and I got a question regarding hawaii recon laws dealing with ride height. Plannjng to drop my truck when I get the funds to do it, but was wondering how low you can go and still be able to pass for recon. Not planning to do air rides, planning on blocks, but not sure how low I can go to still pass. Can we pass with a c notch? Mahaloz for the help.

Gadget

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground!!!

G

hrspwr236

Reaction score
As far as I know you can do 1.75 drop springs in front and 2" blocks in rear or the DJM 3/3 kit without the notch, the notch will not pass, drivability you don't really want to go more than 2" with out bottoming out.

Xtacy

Reaction score
I got 1.75 front and 2.25 rear and needed recon. I thought for djm you could if it was by a certified welder?? Not sure

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
I passed with a 3/3 drop on stock shocks. And the frame can't be cut or altered in anyway. I also had low profile bumpstops

Ni66aTaco

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone. How's the ride with the djm 3/3 ? Do you bottom out a lot ?

AbunaiXR

Reaction score
I run 3/3 with the bump stop bracket removed and QA1's set at 3-4, and only bottom out on bigger bumps.

If your worried about your ride quality, youre better off going with a XII drop. djm will be a lot rougher than stock.

8o8drifter

Reaction score
How's it, my names ram-z. Pretty new to the xru scene and to all this and I got a question regarding hawaii recon laws dealing with ride height. Plannjng to drop my truck when I get the funds to do it, but was wondering how low you can go and still be able to pass for recon. Not planning to do air rides, planning on blocks, but not sure how low I can go to still pass. Can we pass with a c notch? Mahaloz for the help.

recon passes notches now. but cant go farther then the stock frame.

jboy671

Reaction score
2 of our friends that are running the djm notches passed recon

Boxed notches or just the bolt-in notch? How long ago did they pass? Been wanting to notch mine but haven't because of past recon reports stating notches fail recon and title is salvaged.

asianized

Reaction score
Bolt on I believe, one of them went like 2 -3 months ago and my other friend went in January

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
Do you have a point of reference to this claim?

Willy that works at recon is my good friend. Frame notches are passable. Kirk Caldwell is allowing it to pass, but get it done before 2016. He's doing this now to get the Automotive industry on his side, but I guarantee that by new election time, he will end it. It happens like this every now and then, and it's just a publicity shoot. Get it done while you can, because as of today, it's still legal to do.

sonic555u

Reaction score
Willy that works at recon is my good friend. Frame notches are passable. Kirk Caldwell is allowing it to pass, but get it done before 2016. He's doing this now to get the Automotive industry on his side, but I guarantee that by new election time, he will end it. It happens like this every now and then, and it's just a publicity shoot. Get it done while you can, because as of today, it's still legal to do.

What the hell is recon the only reason I want to know is because I might be moving to hawaii some day and I would have to ship my truck, say do you guys also have smog restrictions that dont allow performance parts.

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
No smog restrictions. Recon is basically to make sure your truck is safe after altering the ride height or engine. It's honestly more of a pain in the ass than anything.

sonic555u

Reaction score
No smog restrictions. Recon is basically to make sure your truck is safe after altering the ride height or engine. It's honestly more of a pain in the ass than anything.

Oh ok, still sounds like you guys have it better than we do here in cali.

Poke Squid

Reaction score
Recon only applys in Oahu. The neighbor island don't have smog or recon. You just have to pass safety check.

sonic555u

Reaction score
Oh ok yeah oahu was were I was planning on going so I can party in wikikiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ! Hawaii is so awesome.

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
It's okay. Honestly I would move to the mainland any day if I had the chance. Hawaii is a good place for vacation.

Top Bottom