Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

found this throttle body today

butters607

Reaction score
i was searching around randomly today and stumbled upon this throttle body i know there had been some talk of prices on some so here ya go and like it says its not stock its re-bored 2mm larger than stock! http://www.proflowdesign.com/tbtoy.htm

Gadget

Reaction score
I doubt they do the TBW throttle bodies.

G

butters607

Reaction score
i dont know would have to ask just another option for people

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd assume that they do. It says on their site FJ/Xrunner.
What is the diameter of our TB again. I forgot.

butters607

Reaction score
ok update i just talked to them on the phone the throttle body is 250$, 150$ core they do have them in stock rdy to ship this is just the intake im not sure what else you would need gaskets etc.

butters607

Reaction score
ok just thought id mention it so we could have some more options for the trucks!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't the stock one 68 mm?
Good finding Butters

If it is, then this will add an addifional 216.66mm squared of area. Don't know how much that will benefit, until someone does a dyno. Probably help the F/I trucks the most. So who is going to buy one?

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I thought about doing this a while back and looked into it - There is like no meat on our stocker lol.

I have a spare I can send out, see how it comes back... lol

KETCHUP

Reaction score
interesting. what would be the benifits? sounds like a nice deal

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I thought about doing this a while back and looked into it - There is like no meat on our stocker lol.

I have a spare I can send out, see how it comes back... lol

I've had it bookmarked for awhile, thinking about doing it. I will have an extra throttle body here this week hopefully.

interesting. what would be the benifits? sounds like a nice deal

bigger hole, so you can shove more air through it. :top:

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score
update update i have talked to them on the phone again they say that they have seen increases in the higher rpm range mostly up to 10 for n/a and up to 40 h.p. f/i tested on a mitsubishi v6

zrgray

Reaction score
Hmmm... don't think 40 hp really sounds realistic for us even with f/i. Would like to see what kinda gains it would make.

ntinhri

Reaction score
I dont understand.. intake and other side is all the same size, how would you gain anything with a 2" sections 2mm bigger?

Tapp

Reaction score
mmmmm... this could be a nice mod for us F.I. guys..

buddy has a turboed Taco(96) had his throttle body bored..and saw some very nice Gains!!!

butters607

Reaction score
yea im not sure it would have to be tested thats just what i was told!

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I dont understand.. intake and other side is all the same size, how would you gain anything with a 2" sections 2mm bigger?

the throttle body should be a restriction in the system.So making it bigger will be less of a restriction.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
They didn't put the 2uz throttle body on the TRD Xrunner for no reason.
Aside from that, referrencing to other cars. When a lot of Mustang guys put a big supercharger on, or smaller pulleys, that is always one of the mods they do. Increase the volume of air into the motor and decrease the restriction of it at the same time. Just common sense really. I've been wanting to do this for a long time as well. Just getting the 2uz swapped requires a ton more money. This is the next alternative.
I have a spare one right now as well. ;) Maybe I should do it also. hmmm

Tapp

Reaction score
They didn't put the 2uz throttle body on the TRD Xrunner for no reason.
Aside from that, referrencing to other cars. When a lot of Mustang guys put a big supercharger on, or smaller pulleys, that is always one of the mods they do. Increase the volume of air into the motor and decrease the restriction of it at the same time. Just common sense really. I've been wanting to do this for a long time as well. Just getting the 2uz swapped requires a ton more money. This is the next alternative.
I have a spare one right now as well. ;) Maybe I should do it also. hmmm

SEND SEND SEND!!!!! :smile:

Top Bottom