Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FPR Mod ?

Razorecko

Reaction score
So for the FPR mod do you run a "T" and use both the vacuum from the intake and the boost from the blower into the FPR ? Or do you cap the intake vacuum source and just use the boost source?

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
cap intake vacuum and just use boost on the FPR. you T off between FPR and boost source for the boost gauge.

Razorecko

Reaction score
Thanks ! is there any benefit to using it if youre on a stock pulley w/ a urd fuel pump ?

Razorecko

Reaction score
Yea running the trd tune. Tried it today, didnt like it. Felt like it was slowing the truck down a little and the pump ( dw200 /urd ) was noiser as it was running the whole time.

Reaction score
The TRD tune is already super rich. The FPR mod would further enrichen the AFR causing you to possibly lose power.

Razorecko

Reaction score
The TRD tune is already super rich. The FPR mod would further enrichen the AFR causing you to possibly lose power.

Yep, that's what I was thinking. I don't have a wideband but I do have an obd2 reader capable of reading the stock a/f sensor. I've been trouble shooting unstable fuel trims but after replacing the fuel pressure regulator it has solved the issue. With a new urd fuel pump (the dw200/urd is oem quiet) and the new fpr the truck runs as good at 110,000 miles as it did at 45k

Razorecko

Reaction score
And to note the stock fuel pump was still in good running condition but the filter was caked with garbage and looked like a stuffed bag of charcoal. I heard the oem pump starting to whine and strain out of the cabin

Top Bottom