Frame Rust Recall UPDATE

Discussion in 'Recalls & Updates' started by NHXRUNNER, May 21, 2014.

1. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Ya, same here. I avoid the dealership at all costs. And will avoid it more and more after my experience with the frame swap.

2. markgt531

markgt531 Member

im in the same boat, but i never had a problem with the gas pedal on both trucks but just did them anyways but when i do go for a recall i make sure i kno someone i can depend on thats working at that dealer and most of the times im watching them work on my truck not waiting in the waiting room. i figure ill just get some recall done on the truck but hey @ 243k no recall have been done and the frame looks way better than my gray one .. im impressed

3. Slywhitty

Slywhitty "Midget Magnet"

4. markgt531

markgt531 Member

lol eh tru didnt make much diff to me tho all i wanted was to see my frame lol , these trucks are just wayy too much fun to drive and mod. waiting on the weather before i drop her and get some shoes.

5. Slywhitty

No fun when you can't press the gas and the brake at the same time. No heel toe. No burnouts. No fun. Now that you have the pedal recall done :(

6. Slywhitty

But you like them low low. So you don't drive fast im sure lol

7. markgt531

markgt531 Member

neehhhhh, this is always fun! just cant wait for the weather to warm up and start putting em parts on lol

8. Kendall124

Kendall124 New Member

Yep, class action lawsuit is still going. I got a notice in the mail today. It says to go here: http://www.toyotaframesettlement.com/
    I havent had any out of pocket expenses in fixing or replacing the frame. Local dealer looked up my VIN and said it was previously inspected and passed.

9. Redlantern

Redlantern Member

I just got a settlement notice about this today. Crazy.

Attached Files:

10. vinver

vinver New Member

Dropped my 06 X-Runner off at the dealer yesterday for frame replacement, hoping they don't mess it up too much. Should be a week to 10 days to see how it turns out. Toyota Canada approved full frame replacement in July and it just got here a couple weeks ago. If it doesn't turn out well I may sell in the spring, otherwise I should be good for another 10 years ;)

11. vinver

vinver New Member

Complete replacement and over a month later without any issues. My cost was $276 Canadian, Toyota Canada paid over $14,000. New rear leaf springs and shocks, upper and lower front control arms included, all brake lines, hardware. I only had to pay for maintenance items ( Coolant flush and fill, etc). Overall very pleased and hope to get another ten years out of it! Once all the salt is off the roads I will wash and undercoat it inside and out. Gotta make it last !

12. Slywhitty

Where in Canada you from?