Frame Rust Recall UPDATE

Discussion in 'Recalls & Updates' started by NHXRUNNER, May 21, 2014.

1. mejbro

mejbro Active Member

Best bet is to go. If your truck falls in those years you'll more than likely be up for the seatbelt recall.
    They have to check it regardless to eliminate your VIN from the thousands of trucks that haven't been serviced or inspected.

2. crzyhawaiian808

crzyhawaiian808 New Member

I looked under my truck and its just small splotchy rust spots. How much rust qualifies for the new frame?

3. *IrunnIt*

*IrunnIt* Active Member

Any size hole. They usually find them by the driver side cat.

4. Ducracer

Ducracer New Member

Dont post here much but mine is in right now for a new frame. Asked about doing a clutch and front shocks but even at half the labor was still stupid expensive. Gave me a auto Tacoma to use. Reminded me how much I don't like automatics as so as I pulled it off the lot

5. mejbro

mejbro Active Member

my "free" replacement was quoted at 3000 bucks to remove blower, methanol injection, traction bars, reseal timing cover, even to unplug my rearview tailgate camera.... 20190130_202952.jpg 20190202_142951.jpg

markgt531 likes this.
  6. mejbro

mejbro Active Member

Dropped it off and said "you're welcome"

7. Superloki24

Superloki24 Active Member

So I got some mail from Toyota Canada during the holidays and I guess they didn't fix the whole frame rusting issue. I got a notice to take my truck in and get it inspected. The letter covers 2011 to 2017 Tacoma models in high rust corrosion areas. Same as before, take it in and get inspected. If the frame is bad then they replace it free of charge, if it's still good then they apply the CRC to the frame. I think it said that the "recall" is good until 26 December 2021.

Has anybody else gotten this notice?

8. easts1d3

easts1d3 Well-Known Member

I wonder if my new frame has this same issue... 2006 with the frame swapped 4 years ago... I am noticing rust in weld areas

9. Gators Taco

Gators Taco <a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho

I got the notice also to get the frame inspected.