Front Lip options

Discussion in 'Exterior Modifications' started by eXtenzeHi, Nov 1, 2012.

1. eXtenzeHi

eXtenzeHi New Member

Does anyone other than Jayhar have an aftermarket lip? I've been searching and searching and i've been wanting to put a lip on there. Will a STi/OEM lip fit? I'm not sure about the dimensions. The only possible one i know that will fit exactly are those weird foam ones called "Home depot lip." :hmmmm2:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Can XR

Can XR New Member

I think that lip would require a lot of fab to get on. But if you want to do it then go for it I would love to see the end result !

3. roy365

roy365 New Member

Call Seibon and get them to produce one for us! :smile:

hypertaco likes this.
  4. J_StradaXR

J_StradaXR Banned

I wonder how that would look, a lip kit, under a lip kit hmmmmm

5. I<3JDM

I<3JDM Member

it looks like it can fit, but then again there is alot of molding to do on any custom job. On my old truck back in the day of body kits I really wanted a full body kit for my 1996 tacoma I searched around and came up with nothin.. So I took the time to figure out dimensions on other cars and trucks body kits. So what I found and custom fitted to my old truck was a 1989 civic front bumper and a 1997 integra side skirts. For the rear it was unfinished.
    [​IMG]
    So in doing, anything is possible man..A thing I was also researching on to is taking off the front lip and putting a aftermarket jdm lip from a XB (older models seems to have a close dimension size to our trucks) I found this awhile back but ended up buying the splitter.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-06-SCION-XB-bB-VIP-Style-FRONT-BUMPER-LIP-KIT-PU-Spoiler-/251121530070?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AScion%7CModel%3AxB&hash=item3a780274d6&vxp=mtr
    good luck homie:top:

#5 I<3JDM, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  6. eXtenzeHi

eXtenzeHi New Member

Thanks for chiming in. I would love to see a lip product for us. Especially one similar to the STi's. I have a friend who is selling both an STi and OEM Wrx lip. Might have to contact him to check how good it would fit. :top:

7. redarkx

redarkx New Member

I<3jdm has a lip on his truck. I'd try to link the thread but I'm on my phone.

8. eXtenzeHi

eXtenzeHi New Member

I mentioned that already in the thread.

9. eXtenzeHi

eXtenzeHi New Member

Just test fitted the aftermarket sti lip. Looks like its really really close to fitting. Just a few trimmings and a little time it could fit perfect. Looks real sexy too.

10. asianized

asianized Member

Id love to put a lip on the x but my drive way is a b**** and I'm afraid it would rip right off

11. I<3JDM

I<3JDM Member

^^LOL:laugh:^^

Good job Mar:top: Dam thats gonna turn out hella sweet man cant wait to see it in person. Keep this thread goin man and post them pics! :biggrin:

#11 I<3JDM, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  12. eXtenzeHi

eXtenzeHi New Member

I actually dont have the lip. :thumbdown: Just got a test fit from my friend today. I might snag it off him later though since he wont need it. But it fits good imo. Just got to trim the edges and figure a way to fill in the gap in the middle. Other than that i'm thinking it can fit, and i really hope it could. :smile:

13. Chris Griteman

Chris Griteman New Member

How did this turn out I'm wondering about trying to do something similar

14. *IrunnIt*

*IrunnIt* Active Member

I'm working on something, should have it done in 1-2 weeks.

hypertaco and NHXRUNNER like this.