Front suspension question...

Discussion in 'New to the Underground' started by Slickrick614, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Slickrick614

Slickrick614 New Member

Hey guys not an xrunner but I have a pretty slammed single cab and I messed up and waited too long to buy the sittin sic drop springs front the front end and now the xii is no longer anyone know where I can get a set of drop springs? Regular cab 2wd base 5lug. I recently dropped the rear to 6+ inches thinking I would just buy drop springs to bring the front down more but I can’t seem to find any and I have the Cali lean look going on lol
    [​IMG]

2. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Historically, they’ve been the only option.

3. Slickrick614

Slickrick614 New Member

thats what I thought but wasn’t sure if anyone with more finances then me has experienced with other drop springs to see if they’d work lol damn I’m stumped

4. 30Birdy

30Birdy Member

If you can get creative and find the right resources, you could probably lower the perch on the strut to achieve the height you are looking for. Probably wouldn't be the greatest ride, but would get it down even with the back.

5. Slickrick614

Slickrick614 New Member

I have to look in my pictures but there is a company that makes sleeves the go on your stock struts so the spring compresses more technically making it a shorter spring I think the kit was like $300 but I was hoping for drop springs lol but thank you I’ve looked into the spring perch and they are already out there

6. Slickrick614

Slickrick614 New Member

Urd makes them...spring perch and shock sleeve.

7. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

There are perch kits out there. There are also DIY coilover options as well. There’s a QA-1 and a Viking option

8. Slickrick614

Slickrick614 New Member

Never heard of Viking but I know QA1 makes them and they are very pricey lol

9. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

10. 30Birdy

30Birdy Member

How low are you trying to drop the front? The lowering kits usually stop at 1.5"

11. Slickrick614

Slickrick614 New Member

I already have the DJM drop kit that’s 3” front and 4” rear with a c-notch....now went With a 5” rear block and 4x4 leafs which gave me another 1-1.5” total 6-6.5” in the rear so I think 1.5” more in the front would be good.

12. Slickrick614

Slickrick614 New Member

13. sonic555u

sonic555u Member

We need xii performance to come back so we can get our rides dropped right I just bought a 2014 x-runner.

14. Slickrick614

Slickrick614 New Member

Yess!!! I guess it’s hard though when your only market is the tacoma ya know....don’t blame them but wish they were still around

15. Liftedtruckloweredcar

I’ve been told that the stock xrunner front strut is shorter than your regular cab pickup maby try to find out if it’s the coil spring or the shock obsorber than combined that with the urd 1.5 front drop than add a skid plate and see if you can drag it.