Gaylord Speedsturr Group Buy?

Discussion in 'Groupbuy Request Forum' started by Scarface, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Sproulesxrunner

Sproulesxrunner Active Member

Considering a pace edward cover is almost the same money I wouldn't say it is a rip off. They look awesome... but if I didn't play hockey I would have taken the Speedsturr cover over my Pace Edwards any day.

2. ac281

ac281 New Member

I'm in if this goes down.

3. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Just a friendly reminder. Make sure Kris talks to Klint before any payments are made. He needs to at least re-up as a vendor for a month.

4. X-Run-X-er

X-Run-X-er New Member

in for one too !

5. Hayashi

Hayashi New Member

I'd be interested in a Speedsturr Lid with X2000 hinge. Planning on buying one anyways once i get my tax returns.

6. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

One suggestion I have for you guys is to request a price for it non-painted and get local estimates to have it done. One of the only complaints I've heard about these covers (other than the leaky lock) is the paint bubbling up on some, kinda like the cover has acne. The explanation I've heard is that the fiberglass may not have cured 100% before the cover was painted. I've never had a problem with mine because the original owner did just as I described. He painted it locally. Maybe it was a fluke batch but just something to consider. Maybe you can save a few bucks, maybe not. Just a thought :top:

7. blackx-runner

blackx-runner "White Flash"

I think most of those covers including mine were the ones made in the very original GB. My guess is they were trying to push them out to fill the orders and didn't wait long enough for everything to cure. Good news is Kris at Gaylords said they would warranty the paint . Problem is I would have to cover freight to Cali and back. They are aware of the issue so hopefully they won't make the mistake again.

8. ac281

ac281 New Member

So what's the deal with this? Sounds like we have quite a few people on board. Has anybody called them?

9. Gee

Gee New Member

I have cash ready to buy. Any word if this can happen? These covers are sick and will make any x look that much better

10. sonjas

sonjas New Member

im in also, speedster with wing, also remote

im in! I would need it by mid next month though.

11. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Seems like quite a bit of interest. Someone call Kris and tell him to talk to Klint!

12. 05H0TWHEELS

05H0TWHEELS Member

ive always wanted one of these

13. Scarface

Scarface Active Member

Someone that knows him should call imo.

14. sohc4now

sohc4now Member

I'm in for one too......

15. Jwall

Jwall Active Member

i am pretty sure im still down for it as long as price is reasonable and i would take it not painted. someone make the call :biggrin:

16. EhdzXrunnR

EhdzXrunnR Member

i just have my Speedstur installed yesterday in LA, I drove about 1 1/2 hour and very excited. The Lid is nice but i was disappointed after it was done. I try to show the pictures once i figure out how to attach it. Hopefully you can figure out what was the disappointment.

17. xrunner_nev

xrunner_nev Member

anyone got more info on this...if i only saw this sooner..i ordered mine a few months ago and still waiting...i'm not gonna even post the price...i actually dont want the lid no more..lol..damm