Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

got my blower installed

Jonathan

Reaction score
having never taken off a crank pulley how difficult is it:dontknow: about how long does it usually take 1-2 hrs?

well on the TRD kit you have to install it, so, take how ever long it took you to do that, and there you go :dontknow: .

it should be a 30 minute job.

azjimi

Reaction score
exactly......TRD marks the pulley on the SC to see if it was tampered with. the crank pulley is just a normally pulley that can go on and off all day long........:smile:

edit- for the record, i know im not normal:laugh:

VERY clever! And there you have it...normal people aren't that smart! I know I'm not!

trd_sport

Reaction score
traction on my side, yes.
:hmmmm2: I certainly think this charger is capable of 13's.
But where in the 13's? :dontknow: How fast do you feel it is on a very good run with traction? even without traction I THINK you could swing a 14.5

Jonathan

Reaction score
But where in the 13's? :dontknow: How fast do you feel it is on a very good run with traction? even without traction I THINK you could swing a 14.5

ive got a busy month, so i wont be fully ready for the strip this time around. time just isnt with me on this one. i have a BUNCH of tricks in the works, and i know i can hit a solid 13 early next year (tracks closed after this one for a while)

Bobby B

Reaction score
All of the TRD superchargers use a bypass valve.

they are less needed on the Rotrex type and it all depends on the configuration of the system. Some of the designs we have in development that will be CARB approved do not use a bypass or a blow off valve at all.

Gadget

I love the word development.

Alexrunner

Reaction score
so does it still make the pshhh sound??? It doesnt really matter, but it sounds kind of cool. Id rather hear the thing scream down the street more tho

Jonathan

Reaction score
so does it still make the pshhh sound??? It doesnt really matter, but it sounds kind of cool. Id rather hear the thing scream down the street more tho

check the BLOWN XR thread for a video

07SWB

Reaction score
so Jon, if youre making a bigger pulley for the crank, can you also make a smaller one for the N/A guys?

You my friend are a genious, i would love to see that TRD charger pull over the 300whp mark with just the new pulley and the bolt ons that you have.

Bring that pulley to the meet, i wanna check it out :)

Sykotic336

Reaction score
:top::top: and thats about it lol wish i was blown... but then again gas down the drain sometimes turbos are better especially that "shhhhhhhhh" sound ahahaha damn im lovin that spool rotation

07X-R

Reaction score
I still wanna see a foursome. A URD S/C, TRD S/C, Single Tourbo, and Twin Turbo all go at it at the same track :rock: :rock: that would be freakin awesome but thats my .02

XrunnIT

Reaction score

Did you see my predictions... These are based on his 0-93 pull that he had in the video.

If I was to take a guess at his ET & MPH this is what I'd say:
If he can get a good 60', say 1.9-2.1, I'm thinking he's gonna run a 13.5 @ 101.
A less then great launch, 2.1-2.3, probably 14.1 @ 96.

So lets see how close I am come race time... :top:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
exactly......TRD marks the pulley on the SC to see if it was tampered with. the crank pulley is just a normally pulley that can go on and off all day long........:smile:

Jon- would that bigger crank pulley help us guys with the URD S/C...If it would, I would like to buy one from you (if your going to be making some), because this 80mm isnt cutting it anymore. My girl tells when she rides with me that my truck is fast, but I guess I'm used to it...I want MORE skid.gif

XrunnIT

Reaction score
what about an underdrive pulley for us N/A guys? That would be nice.

BSPX

Reaction score
cant wait till the STS turbo comes out!! We'll see what happens when you are ALWAYS at full boost over 2500rpm. Good times.....

trd_sport

Reaction score
Did you see my predictions... These are based on his 0-93 pull that he had in the video.
:laugh: Didnt even see that. If anybody can pull a 13.5 with the TRD charger setup as is, then I'll be at Toyota going broke. Whoever goes to the track get video of the runs:top:

trd_sport

Reaction score
Well, I just saw the #'s Jon got...so I guess I'm off to Toyota :biggrin:

attachment.php

Top Bottom