graphite rims

Discussion in 'OEM Wheels/Tires' started by SgtBadA, Jun 16, 2013.

1. SgtBadA

SgtBadA Active Member

so I recently painted my stock rims since they were fading and starting to slowly chip away.. so I went with duplicolor graphite wheel paint and duplicolor clear coat wheel paint plus a filler primer.. I really liked how the filler primer worked on the rims.. made the graphite paint stick without effort. highly recommended for future projects for anyone. anyways here are a few pics

P.S. the overspray is already gone, but I do suggest not being lazy and taping off your tires before starting.. lesson learned.

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

I added the TRD to the rims to add a different look.. wanted something that would stand out a bit more
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 05xrunnerx

05xrunnerx New Member

Nice! It would really pop if you did the Toyota symbol in the middle of the wheel red too.

3. TommyXrunner

TommyXrunner New Member

definitely my fave colour on the stockers!! i don't see why more people aren't choosing this over black. looks perfect man :top:

oh and paint your chrome toyota emblem on the grill black! little things make a big difference :top:

#3 TommyXrunner, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  4. Buellie

Buellie New Member

Looks awesome!

5. donovanbedwell

donovanbedwell New Member

looks sick bro good work

6. X-MOKED U

X-MOKED U New Member

nice!

reminds me of the good ol' graphite wheel days lol deff loved the look at first but after almost a year of rocking them i went black with black and red emblem cant say i dont love it! but hey thats the good thing about these trucks there is so much you can do to them and they always look sexy, might go back to graphite once i get bored of black lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. X-FREAK

X-FREAK New Member

I've had this color on my BSP for a while starting to chip alittle but I love the color over black, I blacked out my center emblems to kinda stand out

8. Aric75

Aric75 New Member

looks good, like it

9. lingenfelterm

lingenfelterm Member

I too chose to do the Dupli-Color Graphite rims. I had a little bit of trouble with my first can of paint. It kept coming out really "Gritty?" and I had to strip down both wheels and try again. I'm pretty happy with how they all turned out. Laying the paint on a little heavier made the difference for me. I started with a 600 grit wet sand, followed by 2 coats of self etching primer, 2 medium wet coats of Graphite Wheel Paint and two medium wet coats of clear. I'm going to paint the Toyota logo in the center black to set them off a little bit (Just saw that this idea was previously mentioned). (Yes, my 13 year old dachshund photo-bombed my first picture) The color is interesting, it looks a little different depending upon the lighting. Sometimes they look more gray, and sometimes there's a hint of greyish bronze to it. Overall, very happy. Thanks for inspiring me with your photos and persuading my color choice :top:

Attached Files:

#9 lingenfelterm, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  10. Coupe

Coupe Active Member

Came out pretty good.

11. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

Very nice! :top:

12. SgtBadA

SgtBadA Active Member

Your welcome man. The paint chipped off though so I got them powder coated a couple months ago. Right now I'm rolling on a set of black stock wheels powder coated flat black. Can't wait to put the graphite ones back on