Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Headers, what to buy.

motorider

Reaction score
I'm considering getting some headers, what're the pros and cons of shortys or long tubes, and what kind of gains can be expected? And if anyone has a video with headers and stock exhaust that'd be great too, thanks.

Hard Taco

Formerly Known As "Sn3akrs"
Reaction score
Long tubes if u don't live in a smog state. Shorties if u do

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Get long tubes.. dont bother with shorties. Doug thorleys or URD equal length headers are nice

motorider

Reaction score
What are the advantages of long tube headers? How much power can I expect to gain? And will I lose any bottom end?

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Long tube headers are going to remove the front cats and makes each exhaust cylinder have its own exhaust tube for better flow. Less restriction. 2nd best mod i have ever done so far. You will lose some low end but what you gain in top end is more than worth it.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
JBA headers are a lower quality header. They use less stainless in there design than URD or Doug thorley. But they all perform amazingly im sure

Reaction score
JBA headers are a lower quality header. They use less stainless in there design than URD or Doug thorley. But they all perform amazingly im sure
yeah, but what is the effect of that, and how are the gains im wondering... if its the same as doug Thorley, id save some bucks

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Only that as the ceramic coating of the JBA's wears off over the years, the will rust.

Top Bottom