Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hello

vipervenom

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am 16 and my dad owns a xrunner. We have had it for 5 or 6 months now and we love it. Its a blue 2005 with 26000 miles. I dont have any pics but i will soon. I had one question, me and my dad are wanting to get the short throw kit from URD. My dad was wondering how you install this. Do we have to open the center console or some other way. And also my dad read that after installing it, it is difficult to get into reverse. If you guys could help me out that would be great.

Thanks everyone.. Glad to be here

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
What's up! Welcome to you and your dad! The URD S/S is AWESOME!!! I don't know how many times people have asked about it...but everytime it is asked, it always has the same response....GET IT!!! Insatallation involves taking the center console out. It's easier than it sounds. Also when you get it, it has very detailed instructinos. You can't go wrong. As for reverse...it is a little harder to get into, but just give it a good wack and it slips right in. After a while you get use to it.

Hope this helps! I am sure someone else will chime in and tell you the exact same thing. IT'S THAT GOOD!!! :top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First, let me welcome you (and your Dad) to XR-U! There's a great community of XR owners here with a wealth of information.

Second - get the SS. It's the best, cheap mod that you can do for the truck. I'm NOT a car guy and I will tell you that the installation is simple. It took me about an hour and a half, taking my time to ensure I didn't mess anything up. Reverse was a little difficult to get into at first, but it eases up over time. I don't think it's that much difficult that stock.

Post some photos of you and your dad with the truck when you can!

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Hey bro welcome to the family! The installation of the URD ss can easily be done even with normal hand tools. Me and my dad did it in about 15-20 minutes. It's the best mod you can do in my opinion. I highly suggest it. Oh, and about the reverse problem, the gate for reverse is a little bit stiff at first, but it loosens up as time goes by. It's not incredibly hard or anything.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Welcome.. as said before, the s/s should be the first mod to the truck

REG CAB X

Reaction score
Can't offer any advice on the shifter (my truck is automatic) but I just wanted to say welcome to you and your dad.

XDsm

Reaction score
Welcome to the site!!! The URD SS is super simple to install. The hardest part for me was taking the plastic bushing off the end of the shifter. Other than that the install went quick.

morcheez

Reaction score
welcome ...and the s/s is a very simple install ... i did mine in the rain with all the doors shut sweating my butt off but it was worth it :biggrin:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
welcome ...and the s/s is a very simple install ... i did mine in the rain with all the doors shut sweating my butt off but it was worth it :biggrin:

:laugh: trying to picture that in my head :laugh:

vipervenom

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help... we are hopefully getting the kit soon. But thanks for the nice welcome

Jonathan

Reaction score
how could i not recommend the short shifter :biggrin:

07XR808

Reaction score
Welcome...

if you haven't considered the TRD Quick Shifter, you should consider that too. I dont have that problem with reverse at all and it feels pretty good

Top Bottom