Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

help dropping trans

WallasX

Reaction score
Anyone wanna help me out? I have to drop my transmission and i need to put the new sleeve on.

Having 2 people do it instead of one will deff help me out

Let me know if you can help i can drive to your place or whatever you wanna do

Thansk Jeff

CBRBob

Reaction score
It's do able by yourself. You don't have to drop it totally, just move it as far back as you can and install it there. I will be doing the sleeve this or next week, but I did change the clutch 2 years ago and there is enough room to work with the trans in place.

Murderface

Reaction score
Jeff check ur PM's cause I told u I would help u install the sleeve kit. Just need to figure out what date works best for both of us:top:

Murderface

Reaction score
So it set, jeff will be coming to my house next Saturday the 21st so I can help him install the TsK45 sleeve kit.
Any other near by members that want to stop by ur more then welcome to

Limitless

Reaction score
Would love to come see how its done for when i do mine but I'll be in Columbus OH that weekend.

Jeremias

Reaction score
I actually already have the throwout bearing kit and it squeaks even louder. Whatever!

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
the sleeve might have came loose because the bolts holding it werent tight or stacked and its spinning around the shaft, making noise

Murderface

Reaction score
Exactly what I'm thinking^^^^^. if this is the reason then ur gonna have to drop the trans again and fix it before it phucks anything else up which may end up messing the stock sleeve and worse case u would need a new bell housing. I'd take care of this ASAP before it ruins anything

Murderface

Reaction score
Well Jeff came by this morning to have me help him install his TSK45 trans sleeve to get rid of that annoying TO bearing chirp that he had. We took our time and worked safely. Bot his sleeve had some nasty grooves in it and that sleeve would not slide over the stock sleeve at all. Out come my trusty spool of emery cloth and I started smoothing down the grooves in the sleeve. Got it to the point where I just had to force it on with my hands, didn't want anything to do with hammering it on and taking a chance of peeling some of the aluminum back as I tapped the sleeve over it. I was able to get the sleeve on, then used some "Red" thread lock on the set screws and tightened them down nice and snug. Made sure I applied enough of the supplied grease in the inner grooves of the TO bearing, on the pivot points on the release fork and also on the input shaft. Everything went back together with no hiccups and then the moment of truth came.....starting the truck. No squeal at all or any other abnormal noises from the TO bearing or the trans.

I then gave Jeff a ride in my truck since he's never been in a TRD blown X before but then the rain started:motz: Well I couldn't give him a full taste of it's potential but he got the idea. I also thought today was gonna be my first ride in a URD blown X antil he told me he sold the kit about a month ago:thumbdown::motz: Man I have no luck!

Well it was fun getting to hang out with a fellow member, turn some wrenches, slam some Dews and talk some shit. I had a blast Jeff and hope u made it back to Dover AFB safely.

kblozano

Reaction score
Hey Christdenied where are you located? My tranny is only 4 months old but the previous owner didn't install a sleeve kit. I figure I might as well take care of that before it's an issue. I could really use some assistance in the near future if your up to it

Murderface

Reaction score
I live in South Jersey very close to the Philadelphia area, if ur close to me shoot me a pm and we'll figure this out. Need to drop mine also and am gonna need some help also. I know Jeff(WallasX) and Limitless already said they would help, I also have many, many mods that need to come off before I take my truck in for a new transmission.

Limitless

Reaction score
I live in South Jersey very close to the Philadelphia area, if ur close to me shoot me a pm and we'll figure this out. Need to drop mine also and am gonna need some help also. I know Jeff(WallasX) and Limitless already said they would help, I also have many, many mods that need to come off before I take my truck in for a new transmission.

Yep as he said there are a couple of us that are willing lend a hand as well. I dont have a garage and am just building up a tool set or else id offer my place to work at.

kblozano

Reaction score
I'm in groton ct and I can get you on base here if you were close(i wouldn't expect you to drive from very far) but theres a full autoshop with a lift and tools that I have access too. I'm just inexperienced in the realm of Toyotas and transmissions lol

And Christdenied, I'm definitely down to make the drive but it's unclear when. I'll be sure to keep you updated

Murderface

Reaction score
Yah def won't see me driving all the way up there to do the work. Well not unless u shacked me up somewhere for the night, gave me cash and paid for gas.

Well whenever u decide that u wanna come down here to do it I'm game. I've got all the tools here to do the job + the jack and jack stands to get it off the ground enough for my 6'5" body to sit upright under the truck.

Pm sent

Well if ur in Groton Connecticut that's a 4 1/2 hr drive each way for u, not too bad of a drive

Last edited:
Top Bottom