Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

help with tierods

05 black x

Reaction score
anyone know of anyways to get my tierods straighter . After lowering it they are angled. Is this just something i have to live with because i really like the way my truck is now and dont want to have to raise it up 1.7 inches.

Vince77

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it. It's better to keep them at the same angle as the A-arms anyway. Keeps the toe angle the same as the suspension moves.

05 black x

Reaction score
Thanks. i just put on my djm kit in addition to the sittin sick drop coils and i dont want to go back and replace the coils with stock height. It looks to good. The guy who aligned it said he got the toe back to where it should be and the tires would be fine but that the tierods where angled and the would wear fast. Just as long as theres no safety issues.

Vince77

Reaction score
How'd the camber come out? Bad toe adjustment will wear your tires out fast.
Aggressive negative camber will wear them pretty quick too.

05 black x

Reaction score
One of my customers who is a mechanic at gm said the sheet with my alignment was pretty good. Everything was pretty much within specs. I just dont know if its worth being that low if its going to mess up my tierods and of course you have to watch out for anything other than small bumps. Unless theres a way to stiffen up the front end a little.

Last edited:

autobodyX

Reaction score
Mine do not look like that for some reason.
18860189475_108e22edc8_z.jpg

18860189475_108e22edc8_z.jpg

img

Top Bottom