Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

help with tire wear issues

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
thought this would be the best place to start to ask about this issue, i have a 05 stock x, it felt like it pulled when i bought it a little to the right. i had it aligned at the dealer ship the same week and they said it was not really off and on the way home it still pulled a little bit and just figured it was the roads (635 in dallas) then after about 5k miles i noticed its eating the inside of my tires bad about a inch n the driver side and 2 inches on the passenger side. the driver side tire will last about 10-12k and the passenger lasts about 6k till i need a new tire. so i got the x aligned again and replaced the front tires with used since i don want to buy new until the problem is fixed. at the alignment shop i went to he said it was barely off. after all that it still pulled a little so i figured it was still just the roads and now im noticing the tires wearing the same way. can anyone help on were i should start on fixing this? :adore:

dramad1

Reaction score
Sounds like an alignment issue???? Do you have a drop? If notayne the fro t shocks?? I had an issue with the x pulling a while back and it ended up being the rear u bolts loosening up. I tapped them on the tops with a ball pin hammer and they moved just barely. I tighten them up and problem went away. Maybe the bushings on your endlinks or bushings need to be greased on the sways. ??? Hope you get it figured out.

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
4 wheel alignment and no drop. I don't think its the shocks cause its been like this since 38 k and I'm at 57 k now and with my roads it would be very noticeable if I had bad shocks but I will be replacing them soon as i find. Out a good repkacement and as for the bushings I am going to get under there tomotrow and see what all I need does any company make front end kits for bushings like pst makes for American cars ?

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
what specs are they aligning the truck too? do you have any spec sheets?

dramad1

Reaction score
As long as you get the toe dialed in and cross camber in check you should be good. If you are noticing the truck pulling to the right then have them drop the driver side a bump. And opposite of you have left hand pull.
Mine right now is at .06- and 0.7- I haven't noticed any uneven wear.

PreXRunner89

Reaction score
If the alignment is could, then the pull is most likely from the tires. Swap the front tires, makes sure the pressure is set right, then see how it drives.

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
I do not have a spec sheet to the specs they aligned it to.

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
Potenzas right now but I have burned through michelin pilot sports and the conti pro contacts. But the potenzas inner wall seems to last the longest out of all of them unless it just pops on the highway for no reason

If the alignment is could, then the pull is most likely from the tires. Swap the front tires, makes sure the pressure is set right, then see how it drives.

Tried that. I have even tried changing the different pressures and it still feels the same. No matter what I do it has the exact same wear on the tires. :hmmmm2:

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
So multiple sets of tires have been ruined from this.....Hmmm....interesting.

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
can you get a picture of exactly the wear your having

I can post a few when its light out tomorrow off my phone I don't own a camera.

is there a chance something is rubbing when you turn the tires?

No I don't think so nothing seems out. of place and like I said my x is all stock as for the the wheels and tires

Interesting. Has the truck ever been wrecked before?

As far as I know it has never been wrecked. Nothing looks bent under the truck either. The car fax showed it being owned by corporate or something like that for most of its life

Last edited:

rexrunner

Reaction score
Check your ball joints and tie rods. Could be worn out. How bad does it drift?

Bang Bang

Reaction score
Hope you didn't pay for 4 wheel alighnment. Can only adjust the front. Like someone said before may want to look into new front shocks or springs maybe both. Did they say it was slightly off? Or that now after the alighnment it's slightly off? If you have no drop there is no reason for it to be off still unless something is bent or front springs or shocks worn out or retard doing alighnment used wrong truck specs for the settings in the machine.

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
Hope you didn't pay for 4 wheel alighnment. Can only adjust the front. Like someone said before may want to look into new front shocks or springs maybe both. Did they say it was slightly off? Or that now after the alighnment it's slightly off? If you have no drop there is no reason for it to be off still unless something is bent or front springs or shocks worn out or retard doing alighnment used wrong truck specs for the settings in the machine.

I'm starting to think they may have not done it right. The first.time it got alighned was at dallas dodge which is where I bought it. The second time was at a shop down the road from my job site and the guy put his machine things on all four of the wheels :hmmmm2: nothing under the truck looks. Bent and all the tie rods and ball joints look good too nothing is dryrotted.

Bang Bang

Reaction score
The sensor do go on all four wheels even for two wheel alighnment, but they may have not done it correctly. I use to be a tech at a Toyota dealership 6 years ago and I know how dumb or lazy some, not all of those guys can be especially now that Toyota has gone in and taken away labor rates that the techs make. Might try taking it to a shop that does alot of alighnments like a tire shop. Hope you get it taken care of. Best of luck

Top Bottom