Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HI

THE TECHNICIAN

Reaction score
Is this where intro's go? I couldn't seem to find the new member section.

Found this place through tacomworld and figured I'd come on over and extend a helping hand with info and any other things you guys may have questions about regarding your beloved trucks. I'm a tech at a Toyota dealer and hope I can help in any way.

Now help me get to 30 posts so I can list a clutch for sale........:top:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the underground! :top:
I'm sure you will get your share of questions going your way soon enough!

THE TECHNICIAN

Reaction score
Don't know how active I'll be but I'll help when and where I can. I don't know why more people don't take advantage of the info I have to share.......It kinda seems pointless to even offer.

big_dirte

Reaction score
How about the issues that some users are having with their trannys?

Dirte

big_dirte

Reaction score
I know that a lot of people are coming out saying that an issue with the throw out bearing is causing tranny issues. Marring the inside of the bell housing and in some cases cracking it. Any word on a TSB? I am trying to find the thread right now....Maybe donny, david or someone could help me find it!!!

Dirte

THE TECHNICIAN

Reaction score
I believe a steel bell housing is in the works to remedy the problem. Until then I think Toyota wants us replacing the whole trans until it's released. I'll have to get back to you with a definite answer though. Just know that Toyota is aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as we speak.

THE TECHNICIAN

Reaction score
So....from the little I read, it seems clutches are exploding and tranny's are grinding. Does that pretty much sum it up?

DustyXRunner

Reaction score
yes my clutch exploded at 20000 and my tranny grinds in 5th. im only at 22000 now. lol.

THE TECHNICIAN

Reaction score
There is a revised clutch disc and as far as the trans grinding....my foreman has an 08 x runner and it would always grind going into second. We warrantied the trans when his clutch disc separated and he has no grinding issues now. I'll see if I can find something regarding the grinding but I would get ready to get a trans under warranty.

big_dirte

Reaction score
now what about those of us that may have issues but are beyond the warranty criteria. I am just trying to figure out if they are going to try to bone me on this. My 05 has less than 20K on it.

Dirte

joman

Reaction score
i would like to say welcome and what you from?

Amarillo X

Reaction score
not if he isnt getting alot of x's in his toyota dealership....:top:

Welcome to the forum bud.
Speaking from experience Donny, it's hard to believe that a technician would not have heard or seen TSB's concerning our trucks...it's a effin dealership and they know when their products have problems. I work for an independent and see TSB's and SSM's all the time. Wasn't tryin to come off as Russell I was just saying...even our crappy techs at Street Toyota here in Ama can tell u Xrunners have trans issues....anyways dood welcome to XRU.

Murderface

Reaction score
I've heard of a few reasons why there's TO bearing issues with these trucks.

1st is that the stock pressure plate is too weak to apply even pressure on the disc causing it to **** and put a sidewards load on the TO causing it to scrape the input shaft an TO all up.

2nd is that the whole NO support bearing problem. Since there's no support bearing to stop the clutch from twisting the input shaft also with a sidewards load causing the input shaft to push sideways into the TO bearing which causes the scrapes in the input shaft and TO.

When my clutch started slipping I ordered an aftermarket clutch so I could install it. When I dropped the trans I noticed my input shaft and TO bearing was all scraped up. I installed my new clutch and TO bearing and then was denied even having my trans looked at because of the aftermarket clutch:thumpdown:

So here I am thinking about getting rid of my truck that I love so much, cause Toyota won't own up and fix this problem:thumpdown:
I think it's because I only have 3400 miles left of warranty.

Top Bottom