Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HID prob.. HELP!!!!

gc_harvey

Reaction score
I put in my HIDs today that I ordered from DDMTuning.com. I started with the fogs and I couldn't figure out how to get the harness wired up with them, so I just done away with the harness. I got the fogs working pretty easily whereas they only have a single beam. I got the harness and the ballasts for the headlights wired up and zip tied in place. I got the lights hooked up and only the passenger side switches from hi to low beam.. anyone know what I could've done wrong to make the drivers side stay on one beam?

gc_harvey

Reaction score
IMG_0399.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0398.jpg
[/IMG]
i didn't see a reason to take a pic of the ballast because their is only one way to hook it up.
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k602/gc_harvey/IMG_0398.jpg
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k602/gc_harvey/IMG_0399.jpg

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score
Two didn't work let me see the pics of the plugs that go into the ballasts

gc_harvey

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to work the pics on here, so here's how it is. I attached the positive and negative wires first (pretty simple to do). then I hooked the ballast up and mounted it (took the plug from the harness and hooked to ballast). after that I plugged the stock H4 plug into the harness. the only wires that were left were the ones that plugged into the HID bulb. black with black, red with red, and the miniature plug for the hi/low beam switch. Here's the link for exactly what I did.
https://www.ddmtuning.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=11&nav=0,1
Just download the file and it's what I followed to put the HIDs in

butters607

Reaction score
I really wanna see a pic of the plug into the ballast cause those can be put in wrong or it can be as simple as a bad bulb

gc_harvey

Reaction score
I got it fixed.. the small plug for the hi/low swith had a pin that had been pulled out and I had to strip the wire and push the pin back into place and then coat it with liquid tape.. Thanks for the attempt to help though, I really appreciate it.
I guess the lesson learned here is to ALWAYS check the pins in all the plugs BEFORE you put it all together!!
but this is to be expected from something that come straight from China....

rich017

Reaction score
I got it fixed.. the small plug for the hi/low swith had a pin that had been pulled out and I had to strip the wire and push the pin back into place and then coat it with liquid tape.. Thanks for the attempt to help though, I really appreciate it.
I guess the lesson learned here is to ALWAYS check the pins in all the plugs BEFORE you put it all together!!
but this is to be expected from something that come straight from China....

Pretty weird getting a dinky box with Chinese written all over it isn't it?

gc_harvey

Reaction score
Pretty weird getting a dinky box with Chinese written all over it isn't it?

yeah, I was really skeptical about it. lol. I guess I shoulda known to check everything before I put it all together.. haha

Top Bottom