Hid problems still..

Discussion in 'Exterior Modifications' started by Scottiekoby, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Scottiekoby

Scottiekoby New Member

Running out of troubleshooting options.

I have the ddm harness and ballast, both about a month old and I still can't get my headlights to be on consistently. Tested both grounding points and they both are good. But I test the power level from the ballast and they are read 15+ volts to each of the lights. Thinking that the voltage is too high for the bulbss but not sure how to fix that. Can anyone help?

Also, check relay fuses, all good. Connections are all good. Only funky thing was high voltage going into the bulbs. They would sometimes turn on.

2. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

Return them and get a set from Light source on here and will negate any issue. People in the past have had issues with their kits. You get what you pay for.

3. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

Thanks bud...

4. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

Not a problem! Hate to see people go through that crap, got to have working HIDs, if not it could be the end of the world, it's dark out there. This reminds me I will be contacting you shortly because I will need a set.

5. justin13703

justin13703 Active Member

How did you go about testing your grounds? You can have continuity between your ground location and the negative on the battery but it still might not be good enough to pass the current it needs through. Where do you have them grounded at? And I'm guessing you did get the relay harness right? Also do they both not come on sometimes? Or is it just one of them?

I've never checked the voltage on any of mine but the 15 volts is probably normal. I know the point of the ballast is to step up the power to be able to ignite the bulb.

6. Scottiekoby

Scottiekoby New Member

the grounds are good, bolted to the body. sanded down the paint and all. I think they were just faulty bulbs.. i just bought from a local retailer instead. 3 year warranty and great return policy if anything. Mahalo