Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hotrodt's dyno runs with ls1

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
time for some performance parts. 300HP is weaksauce man. :crinklehair::laugh:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
nice start, its running, its swapped, now get modding :laugh:

hotrodt

Reaction score
WELL FOR THE MONEY I HAVE IN THE SWAP...ROUGHLY $1000.00
I GOT THE ENG AND TRANS ON A TRADE...
SOLD STOCK ENG AND TRANS FOR 2800
SO FOR 1000 IM SETTING PRETTY GOOD FOR A BONE STOCK ENG. YOU GUYS THAT ARE S/C PUTTING DOWN 400ISH YOU ARE TOPPED OUT. IM JUST GETTING STARTED FOR THE 6K YOU SPENT ON S/C I WILL BE OVER 600HP :eviltongue:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
YOU GUYS THAT ARE S/C PUTTING DOWN 400ISH YOU ARE TOPPED OUT. IM JUST GETTING STARTED FOR THE 6K YOU SPENT ON S/C I WILL BE OVER 600HP :eviltongue:

I know... now hurry up and do it already. :crinklehair:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Congrats on getting it up and running. :top: It sounds really good at WOT.

Now time for some engine mods. I thought you put headers on it already? What are your plans to increase HP?

hotrodt

Reaction score
Congrats on getting it up and running. :top: It sounds really good at WOT.

Now time for some engine mods. I thought you put headers on it already? What are your plans to increase HP?
YEA IT HAS HEADERS AND CAI ON IT NOW. GETTING PORTED THROTTLE BODY SOON. BUT JUST GOING TO DRIVE IT HOW IT IS FOR NOW. LOOKING TO GO TO SOME 3.73s THOUGH. NEED TO FIND A PRE RUNNER TRD SPORT REAR END THOUGH. COME TAX TIME I WILL DO HEADS CAM INTAKE WITH 3600 STALL CONVERTER:top:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
YEA IT HAS HEADERS AND CAI ON IT NOW. GETTING PORTED THROTTLE BODY SOON. BUT JUST GOING TO DRIVE IT HOW IT IS FOR NOW. LOOKING TO GO TO SOME 3.73s THOUGH. NEED TO FIND A PRE RUNNER TRD SPORT REAR END THOUGH. COME TAX TIME I WILL DO HEADS CAM INTAKE WITH 3600 STALL CONVERTER:top:

check out TTORA for the rear end. 3.73s should be real easy to find. Lots of guys upgrading when they go to bigger tires.
You will need the complete third member, not just the gears.

hotrodt

Reaction score
check out ttora for the rear end. 3.73s should be real easy to find. Lots of guys upgrading when they go to bigger tires.
You will need the complete third member, not just the gears.
do i just need 3rd member or entier axle housing aslo? OH AND WHAT IS TTORA?

Coupe

Reaction score
I have a set of 3:73 gears in the garage, but no carrier.

hotrodt

Reaction score
Also what years can i get one from? I found a guy that has one for $125 but with 4.10 gears. What do you want for the gears coupe?

Gadget

Reaction score
That sounds really nice. Love V8s!!

Did that shop do any tuning for you? If they did were they using HP Tuners?

G

hotrodt

Reaction score
That sounds really nice. Love V8s!!

Did that shop do any tuning for you? If they did were they using HP Tuners?

G
yea he "doc" tuned it. did 5 pulls on dyno then we drove it to change shift points. he was using efi live.
when i went there first time he gave me a really nice flash tune from a previous car that was in there with close to same mods i have. so the tune he gave me first was almost spot on with the custom tune he did yesterday. he is well known. he said he had a guy in there not long ago with a trd blower on his prerunner and only put down like 290ish.

Gadget

Reaction score
With no mods at all the TRD is usually in the 260-270 RWHP range. With some mods you can get them just under 300 RWHP and lots of mods, the full monty, most are in the 320 range, a few a little bit more. So, that number is in the general ball park. It really is not bad at all for a little V6 in a pickup truck....

G

hotrodt

Reaction score
With no mods at all the TRD is usually in the 260-270 RWHP range. With some mods you can get them just under 300 RWHP and lots of mods, the full monty, most are in the 320 range, a few a little bit more. So, that number is in the general ball park. It really is not bad at all for a little V6 in a pickup truck....

G
oh i know thats decent power. i thought the x was fast stock for a v6 in a truck. but he said "it would be funny if you put more power down that the trd blown truck that was in here the other day"

SPEED-FREEK

Reaction score
Looking good, I have been driving my swap for over a month now and I love it!!
Still bone stock motor except for custom headers and intake, and I am also wanting more power, first off I have the 3.15 gears like you and I am wanting to step up to the 3.73, and I need to use a different carrier I am told since the carrier for the 3.15 ONLY fits the 3.15, but I am still no totally sure on this..

I am thinking of going with an 8.8 swap that already has the 3.73, LSD and disk brakes to begin with, would be cheaper...as long as the width is the same on the X-runner as it is in my 1st gen..

What is your next plan for power? I am in the same boat and I have no space for turbo, I was thinking a twin screw if I can find one for less that 3K, or maybe a 408 H/C upgrade, it all comes down to what I can afford and find for a good price, I need more power!!!

hotrodt

Reaction score
[What is your next plan for power?
PORTED TB, LS6 INTAKE, STAGE 2.5 5.3 HEADS, TSP MS3 CAM AND A FTI 3600 STALL. 373 GEARS
ALL OF THIS WILL COST BOUT 3G AND WILL BE OVER 400HP SO I WILL BE HAPPY. MAYBE 125 SHOT

SPEED-FREEK

Reaction score
[What is your next plan for power?
PORTED TB, LS6 INTAKE, STAGE 2.5 5.3 HEADS, TSP MS3 CAM AND A FTI 3600 STALL. 373 GEARS
ALL OF THIS WILL COST BOUT 3G AND WILL BE OVER 400HP SO I WILL BE HAPPY. MAYBE 125 SHOT

How much are those stage 2.5 heads, and are they better that patriot stage II heads? I was also looking into AFR heads but for $2500 I wish I could find out which head gives you the best bang for your buck..

Top Bottom