Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HottacoX's rebuild thread

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score

Got me some more goodies.....

eeer wait will that rotrex pulley work on my TRD SC..... haha yeah next step will be to help slywitty get in his clutch, I made a stop at our us addy... and while we were over the boarder the Ms and I did some shooting since we can't in Canada...

yeah not much to report on my truck as of late.... the timing cover leak fix is holding strong while there is still a small leak from the rear main... I am not in a rush to take care of it while its -9 and to be done in my driveway. I will hold off till spring

I have some mods that are in progress but like I mentioned I am a wimp when it comes to working in the cold.... I will hopefully update soon...

Last edited:

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Haha nice you wanna wrap them all up in Xmas wrap for me and make me feel special! Lol thanks again for grabbing it all for me

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha will do buddy but then you can't open em until Santa comes..... Lol. Text me tomorrow when your done work and we can link up to get er to ya

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Lol... Rotrex pulley huh..... Oh this is gonna be good.... We've all got secrets....I love it.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Agh I am pulling your chain Mark, that's all slywitty's stuff I just picked it I
Up over the boarder for him...

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Aw chucks...lol....still waiting for somebody to slap a URD kit on a built engine.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright so build progress slowed considerably since a co worker backed into her as well as mother nature starting off winter with a bang!!

here is the crash thread
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=54512

but that aside as mentioned on December 21st mother nature unleashed a fury of an ice storm on southern Ontario! I am quite surprised that another member hasn't posted about it as it knocked out power for many through the holidays! Fortunately we were only without power for 12 hours, my parents however were down for 46 hours and other family for 9 days!!

heres some quick picks of the ice and down trees in my neighborhood
backyard: our 25 year old maple lost a third of her size

Front yard:

neighbours:

It was pretty crazy stuff as the ice came on quick but thankfully it wasn't worse. It really puts in perspective how troubling storms can be in hurricane alley or a floodplain!

Bad news on my part was that I have been working like crazy and hadn't had a chance to put away my work wheels....

BUT... my truck which is normally parked outdoor was under cover in the shop from the repair! So although the repair took much longer than expected I was glad she was protected. Here she is now...

since the motor was rebuilt I have been running my stock lights rather than my FX-R projectors. before I put the truck away I wanted to adjust the cutoff of the projector, ran out of adjustment and now there are bits floating around in the light and still not sitting properly. I bought them used as such the were installed by another member so I have picked up another set of bowls and plan on redoing them :rolleyez:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Wow...... Unleashed the beast storm.... Oh no the wheels!!!!! Truck looks good, did u get a Cf hood as well??

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the tree and the weather… but damn your truck looks good:top::canada:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow...... Unleashed the beast storm.... Oh no the wheels!!!!! Truck looks good, did u get a Cf hood as well??

haha I know its just water but it sucks to see quatity wheels left outside... they are tucked away nice and clean now though:blurock:
you drunk bro? had the cf hood for a few years now... really should swap it out for the stocker in the cold but i havent had an issue yet..

Sorry to hear about the tree and the weather… but damn your truck looks good:top::canada:
thanks man:crinklehair: Hopefully get clearbra on at least the front clip soon to keep it looking good. glad the flairs are no longer yota's single stage bs...

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
its slowly getting to be time for boost... waiting for my mod season..(temps need to be above 5C) few things I need to knock off the todo list first though. Seems a new leak has developed on the timing cover need to look into it further... also need to replace the rear main seal still annndd order up some tbolt clamps for my street star hoses. the lower hose seems to be doing ok with stock clamps but the upper has crusty coolant at both ends... so that will be addressed.

Seem to randomly get a p0606 code for the ECU, clear it and it won't come back for a few weeks :dontknow:

Question though, I want to button up my exhaust and seal everything up once and for all with vbands. for those that have done it what size vband do I need for the URD Y to DTLT? I am under the impression they are two different sizes once you cut off the flanges.. same for the y to urd catback... Also I want to pull off the long tubes and have the vbands done off the truck, obviously it will be tacked checked on the truck and then fully welded, but if we ensure the y is welded straight we should be good to cut the flanges on the headers and good to go...

Xcars_onfireR

Reaction score
Cant wait to see that thing boosted!!
That code can also be set by a problem with your heated o2's or an exhaust leak, doubt you have a problem with your ECM.

RRX

Reaction score
I maybe getting ready to sell my URD supercharger set up. It only has around 5000 miles on it.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
2.25" @ the header to Y-pipe.

excellent:top: what about going from the y collector to the 3" urd Y... :hmmmm2: 3" be ok on both sides of the vband...

Cant wait to see that thing boosted!!
That code can also be set by a problem with your heated o2's or an exhaust leak, doubt you have a problem with your ECM.
yeah I doubt its actually the ECM I do have a leak at the collectors of the header to Y. I rolled around once in the snow to try and wrench on it and pretty much made it worse so now I am waiting for warmer weather to get under the X again and take my time.

I maybe getting ready to sell my URD supercharger set up. It only has around 5000 miles on it.

Hit me up with a PM if its with the UCON I would be interested.... I know I have a few interested parties(one in particular ya silly rascal) who is interested in my trd sc...

Top Bottom