How well do you like the Scan Gauge II?

Discussion in 'Interior Modifications' started by Edgeman, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Edgeman

Edgeman Member

Just saw it for sale on the JC Whitney website while searching for diagnostic tools. How well do you like it? Is there anything better on the market in the same price range?

JC Whitney has it listed for $159.99, but I received an email that says they currently has 15% off any purchases over $125, and 20% off for any purchases over $200. Guess if I buy that & another $40.01 in tools, the price drops to $128. Is there a better deal out there?

Update:
    Crap, just read the email and they don't offer the discount on Scan Gauge products. Guess I'll have to pass this time.

#1 Edgeman, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  2. X-Caliber

X-Caliber New Member

Its worth the investment, i'm deffinatly looking for one. Just ask anyone who owns one :top:

3. ryanjboutin

ryanjboutin Member

4. firesquare16

firesquare16 New Member

i had a scanguage II in my xB and loved every bit of it. used it mainly for speed correction for my wheels and water temp since their s no temp gauge on that car.

5. Clifford

Clifford because race truck

speed correction on the read out or did it actually correct the speedo? off topic, but I plan on changing gears when I get back home and need to find some way to correct the speedo.

6. Coupe

Coupe Active Member

#6 Coupe, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  7. Rickysnickers

Rickysnickers Member

I think with the speed sensors you don't have to worry about correcting the speed with a gear swap. It's only if you swap wheels and tires, or so I have been told. Somebody please let me know if I am wrong.

On topic, I have an SGII and really like it. I like the fact that the gas gauge is also a lot more accurate too. The only thing I wish we had was an oil pressure sensor, stock

Rick

8. firesquare16

firesquare16 New Member

i used the GPS on my phone and a friend to set the speed.

9. Edgeman

Edgeman Member

Does that plug into the OBD II port too? If so, it's a bargain. Someone posted some adaptable gauges that required installing a bunch of additional sensors (you had to purchase seperately) making it much more difficult & costly than installing a SG II.

10. Wayne R

Wayne R New Member

Scangauge II

I have three...........one in each vehicle..........and a spare...:top:

11. SicilianMobster

SicilianMobster New Member

i dont know if i missed it or not but can it clear codes too? cause im getting a set of dtlt and am wondering if i should get a scangauge or the O2 sim from urd.... dam CEL's

12. SooRunner

SooRunner New Member

Just put the money towards an x1 and you will never see that check engine light. :rolleyez:

13. 5000XD

5000XD New Member

I have an OBD PLX gauge and it's no where as smooth as my scanguage. A few weekends ago it even helped me clear a code which the stupid PLX OBD would not read let alone clear.

I like my scangauge!

By the way on a side note, PLX customer service sucks imo. I've mailed them with the problem and never heard back.