Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

i think shes blowed up......

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
X2...:top: this man is very smart...:biggrin:

For something like a motor the dealership will probably not have to much of a say.

They are going to call in the area rep.

Get the supercharger off, why take the chance.

Murdered X

Reaction score
To late to take it off the truck is already at the dealer. We're all just waiting on the verdict.

ntinhri

Reaction score
think hes wishing he had the urd blower off...

Knight Runner

Reaction score
maybe they are thinking you are talking about the TRD s/c and yes, it will not void your warranty.

Dallas

Reaction score
ebay item 150230784564 toyota 4.0 for 1850.00 says it's for a SR5 so you would have to use your oil pan off the x runner.TACOMA 05-07 4.0L (VIN U, 5th digit, 1GRFE eng, 6 cyl), 6month million mile warranty, it has 46k miles

Last edited:

kfxpro32

Reaction score
sorry for the delay boys..... i drive semi for a living and don't always get home early.... so far the truck has been there for two days now... they ain't called me with any news yet but me and the service manager came to an agreement that they would not charge me for any work done to the truck they and they will not do any work to the truck without permission by me knowing whats goin on first.... but they confirmed its a top end knock... i'm guessin piston poundin for sure... so if they decide last minute not to warranty it i dont owe them any money for looking at it.... i don't know if anyone has heard of Ed Horn's race engines, or Sperry motors but i have talked to them and they said they can rebuild the motor for me if need be... guaranteed cheaper than toyota... i just wouldn't have toyota warranty... that means when you all see a blue X come up for sale in iowa... you don't want it lol....

Dallas

Reaction score
sorry for the delay boys..... i drive semi for a living and don't always get home early.... so far the truck has been there for two days now... they ain't called me with any news yet but me and the service manager came to an agreement that they would not charge me for any work done to the truck they and they will not do any work to the truck without permission by me knowing whats goin on first.... but they confirmed its a top end knock... i'm guessin piston poundin for sure... so if they decide last minute not to warranty it i dont owe them any money for looking at it.... i don't know if anyone has heard of Ed Horn's race engines, or Sperry motors but i have talked to them and they said they can rebuild the motor for me if need be... guaranteed cheaper than toyota... i just wouldn't have toyota warranty... that means when you all see a blue X come up for sale in iowa... you don't want it lol....

the problem is that if the rod did break it will have beat the snot out of the crank and lower part of the cylinder wall, most likely junking the block. your best bet is getting a low mileage motor from a bone yard if toyota dosen't warranty it.

kfxpro32

Reaction score
the problem is that if the rod did break it will have beat the snot out of the crank and lower part of the cylinder wall, most likely junking the block. your best bet is getting a low mileage motor from a bone yard if toyota dosen't warranty it.

yea if only i could go back 2 yrs now i woulda bought the motor outta my last X that i wrecked

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
CRST? Cedar Rapids Shi tty Truckers?? ha no.... owner operator

yea it is comin from the 6th cylinder

:top: :driver:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

this also backs me up.... and if they make a blower thats makin more power than what i got... what can they say... other than its a better setup its just not trd...

With a factory tune and TRD parts the blame falls on them.

With something aftermarket where the tune is questionable, the setup is questionable, and the amount of power produced is questionable they will tell you to take a walk and sue them.

TRD / Toyota spends hundreds of thousands if not millions developing a flash and the FI hardware for the truck. They base their warranty off of this investment since they understand the chances of failure with their own setup.

You will not get them to warranty an aftermarket FI setup with out some serious luck or connections due to the amount of variables involved with it.

The chances of human error in the tune, power level, hardware, and install are much higher with an aftermarket setup then an OEM produced/contracted/consented FI kit.

Last edited:

kfxpro32

Reaction score
:top: :driver:

With a factory tune and TRD parts the blame falls on them.

With something aftermarket where the tune is questionable, the setup is questionable, and the amount of power produced is questionable they will tell you to take a walk and sue them.

TRD / Toyota spends hundreds of thousands if not millions developing a flash and the FI hardware for the truck. They base their warranty off of this investment since they understand the chances of failure with their own setup.

You will not get them to warranty an aftermarket FI setup with out some serious luck or connections due to the amount of variables involved with it.

well i don't have any coorporate hookups... but the manager of the location is a close family friend... and the service manager from what i have heard from other people round here gives out a lot of warranty work

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I hope it works out for you brother, I really do. But if the option to back out, removing the blower, and going to another dealer arises I would in a heart beat.

I don't know how your territory works over there but here anything major like a motor is handled by a Toyota rep; there isn't a thing the dealer can really do about it.

Toyota corporate wants to get involved and wants to know what happened to cause the failure.

The shortblock and gaskets aren't that expensive if you end up footing the bill on your own.

You are talking around 3K.

Last edited:

Dallas

Reaction score
Going to another dealership is probably not going to work, the first thing the service writer does is enter the information into the corporate database. even carfax has access to the info. so if your dealership denys you, your screwed at all the dealerships.
But on the plus side, if it is the wrist pin it won't be so bad to rebuild it.
Good luck with it.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Going to another dealership is probably not going to work, the first thing the service writer does is enter the information into the corporate database. even carfax has access to the info. so if your dealership denys you, your screwed at all the dealerships.
But on the plus side, if it is the wrist pin it won't be so bad to rebuild it.
Good luck with it.

Yeah I was kind of thinking that would be the case....

At least the shortblock is "cheap"

kfxpro32

Reaction score
Yeah I was kind of thinking that would be the case....

At least the shortblock is "cheap"

how cheap is cheap i mean i ain't made of money here... especially nowadays... i dont know of many people that are

Super Werty

Reaction score
that sucks bro, hope you get it all figured out for cheap:top:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
how cheap is cheap i mean i ain't made of money here... especially nowadays... i dont know of many people that are

3,000 bucks.

If money was an issue you should of yanked that blower my dude.

Top Bottom