Idmax 10?

Discussion in 'Speakers / Subwoofers / Enclosures' started by cmart357, Oct 5, 2014.

1. cmart357

cmart357 New Member

Anybody ever fit an IDMAX 10 in a sub x style enclosure in one of these trucks? Im in the middle of fabbing up a box and it is a tight fit since it is such a large sub. Curious if I need to notch the legs going down to the floor over the hump to let out more air/bass since its such a high output sub. Any one put a big 10 downfiring like this?

2. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

I'm running an Alpine Type X 10. Had to mod my SubX to make it fit because it's got such a large.

3. cmart357

cmart357 New Member

Not familiar with the alpine subs. Did you modify the legs of the enclosure at all? I have read that if there is not enough space for the sub to displace air (especially on a high output sub) that a sealed box will play almost like a ported box. The only area for air to escape is to the front of the console and a small area to the rear seats. Did you/anyone else have any issue with this?