Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I'm thinking of trading....

THE MACF

Reaction score
If you want fast then get a z06. If you want something that handles then get a miata. If you want to haul then get a f350 dually. Your needs change from day to day. your best bet is to find something that can handle the most of your needs on a day to day basis. How often are you going to Auto-X? Every day? How often are you going to go really fast in a straight line before a cop pulls you over? How often are you going to haul stuff?

I'm getting rid of mine because it's not practical anymore. But I will keep a truck and I will keep it in the toyota family.

Why don't you keep the X and get a dedicated Auto-X'er. there are plenty of old nissans, hondas, acuras, and bmws out there that all made their mark on the world of motorsports.

Plus you're going to be living off of 1200-1300 a month for the next 2-3 years minimum guaranteed. Don't forget to factor that in. I would hate for you to become one of these brand new Airman that gets a steady paycheck twice a month and sink yourself into some car payment that's way to high. Especially out in P-Cola. Trust me the dealers know that that is a big training station and they prey on the innocent.

Not saying you are one but I've seen it time and time again. You know the billboards I'm talking about. the E-1,2,3 only 500 down and you can have the car of your dreams.

just keep it real cuz, yo:crinklehair::top::rock::biggrin::crinklehair::eviltongue:

ntinhri

Reaction score
Wow that's very sound advise! For real he's only gonna make 36000 for the next 3 years? Damn son. I wouldn't trade the x unless u have good reason. Now if u find some hot chic, bang her, shit breaks, she gets fat, poops a kid, then trade the x. Until then- keep double wrappin it and bang away.

Amarillo X

Reaction score
For realz cuz

post_old.gif
Today, 11:03 AM
TRD-X Online Now!
XRU Junkie

iTrader Rating: 0

2010 TUNDRA CREW MAX, SOLD 08 SPEEDWAY BLUE, 93 SUPRA, 97 SUPRA ,03 MRS SPYDER
Mods: TRD SUPERCHARGER,TRD AIR INTAKE,SOS LOWERING KIT, TRD QUICK SHIFT,KENWOOD TOUCH SCREEN,AND CUSTOM PAINT INT. X -BRACE PAINTED, HOOD SCOOP MOD, MORE TO COME!

Honda?? :eviltongue::eviltongue: Stupid Ricer!!:eviltongue::eviltongue:

THE MACF

Reaction score
Wow that's very sound advise! For real he's only gonna make 36000 for the next 3 years? Damn son. I wouldn't trade the x unless u have good reason. Now if u find some hot chic, bang her, shit breaks, she gets fat, poops a kid, then trade the x. Until then- keep double wrappin it and bang away.

Yeah. I just checked the new pay chart and the

MOST he can possibly make a month for the next 2 year's

is 1706 before taxes. He'll be in the dorms so he won't get housing or food allowance. Plus whatever state taxes he has so maybe 1400?? If he's lucky.

Then you factor in cell phone, internet, cable, eating out, drinking, gas, insurance.

Not a whole lot left over for a 600 a month car payment on a 30k scooby.

BlackCat

Reaction score
... ouch !

Dude, that by itself should pretty much take the STI (or any new car, for that matter) of the books for a while.

I don't know what the X's payments are now or what they'd be with an STI, but I can't imagine an STI's payments would be any cheaper.

I almost made a similar mistake in college. Wanted a new Saturn (yes, Saturn). But wound up getting a Hyundai. Saved me a ton of cash and the Hyundai was actually a pretty good car.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
that spells failsauce.........man you should just keep the X and buy a ford festiva...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
Sorry folks, I cannot provide anymore entertainment. Glad you guys liked the names :laugh:

THE MACF

Reaction score
Sorry to break it to you Miami but the first couple of years are rough until you E-4/SrA and can move off base. Which usually takes 3 years.

Or you could shack up with someone in tech school and get married and go mil-to-mil. You make bank that way.

Sorry folks, I cannot provide anymore entertainment. Glad you guys liked the names :laugh:

theres always...

g8accordtitangti.net

yocuzyo/underground/:top:.com

whootyinkhooters.org

Last edited:

sc426hemi

Reaction score
that spells failsauce.........man you should just keep the X and buy a ford festiva...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

yeah get a festiva! then if you get stationed at dyess we'll pimp it and total it on the bumpy back roads

Venomous_X

Reaction score
yeah get a festiva! then if you get stationed at dyess we'll pimp it and total it on the bumpy back roads
What wayne? Really thats pretty mean LOL those things can be beasts with the right mods....oh wait the tacoma not the festiva!:laugh:

BlackCat

Reaction score
What wayne? Really thats pretty mean LOL those things can be beasts with the right mods....oh wait the tacoma not the festiva!:laugh:

HOW DARE YOU DISS THE SPRITELY FESTIVA !!! :motz: :argh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

akxr79

Reaction score
Braves get a 09 wrx for under 25 K, put a cobb stage 2 package for 1800 bucks on it and your flying. After all, isn't the straighline speed of a 09 sti almost identical to the 09 wrx? STi you do get the 6 speed tranny and diff settings or whatever and handling, but I dont know if thats really worth like 7-8 more K

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
No matter what you get you will always want something else sooner or later.

What about yardiesspecialfailsaucenohomo.com?

Knight Runner

Reaction score
look at me, thinking of a speed3 (07-09 model), 09 WRX 265, or srt8 300c. It happens but if I had money, I sure will buy the XR again on top of others & a Supra for sure!

TRD-X

Reaction score
Most of you guys had a car you liked and dreamed about as a kid. Now or in the near future you can now have it!! Live the dream Yo!!:top: and yes I don't care what make it was just do it.

shaX 07

Reaction score
ok as much as I love the X i'm slowly coming to realize its never gonna be balls to the wall awesome without dumping major coinage into it. the last couples days i've be driving my buddies 2009 WRX with a stage 1 tune and holy shit its awesome:crinklehair: I always swore I wouldn't think of getting rid of the X but after driving this car i'm slowly getting used to the idea of trading for a 09 STI. I just don't wanna be that guy that sold his X lol. I don't know just an idea i've been throwing around. it would be much more cost effective than modding the X to that level.

If you can afford the 09 STi I say go for it. I feel the same way you do about modding the X, yes I have done some MODs and have spent a significant amount of money but i've basically hit my MOD ceiling if you will. After TRD CAI, DTLTs and exhaust you really do need to start spending big bucks on this truck to make fast, and I too am not looking to dump $5-8k on S/C and supporting MODs for it and still be slower than your 09 STi...

If I could comfortably afford to trade up for an 09 STi, I would do it :top:

THE MACF

Reaction score
If you can afford the 09 STi I say go for it. I feel the same way you do about modding the X, yes I have done some MODs and have spent a significant amount of money but i've basically hit my MOD ceiling if you will. After TRD CAI, DTLTs and exhaust you really do need to start spending big bucks on this truck to make fast, and I too am not looking to dump $5-8k on S/C and supporting MODs for it and still be slower than your 09 STi...

If I could comfortably afford to trade up for an 09 STi, I would do it :top:

What do you mean slower than an STI? I've raced a new STI with turbo back and won. and it was from a dig. My friend with a forester XT said my truck was faster than an STI when he spent 3 months looking for one. Yeah they have all wheel drive and turbo and what not but I'd put mine up against one I saw on the street.

shaX 07

Reaction score
What do you mean slower than an STI? I've raced a new STI with turbo back and won. and it was from a dig. My friend with a forester XT said my truck was faster than an STI when he spent 3 months looking for one. Yeah they have all wheel drive and turbo and what not but I'd put mine up against one I saw on the street.

Used 08 STi's can be had for $25-27k. What you paid for your truck + all your mods I gaurantee exceeds $27k.

And that's just a stock STi, even with a few MODs they're beasts..

And, re-race those STi's in the rain or snow and see what the outcome is :top:

Top Bottom