Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Innovate wideband and full exhaust

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
Just installed my innovate wideband last week but my AFRs are reading really lean. I have DTLT headers, urd y pipe and a vibrant resonator. Has anyone else with a 2012+ xrunner see this problem? I mean when I'm idling it's reading 17-19's. I know the wideband is tuned because we did that before anything. I'm thinking i have some really bad exhaust leaks somewhere. Any info is appreciated! Thanks!

Gadget

Reaction score
How and where is your sensor mounted?

Did you properly do the free air calibration?

G

SgtBadA

Reaction score
I had to mount my AEM 18 inches after the exhaust comes out. 36 inches if your running e85 or leaded race gas. Is your engine tuned for your mods?

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
That's another thing. I know there are bungs already on the headers. But because it's a v6 technically aren't we suppose to have 2 wideband to read both sides? I ended up welding a bung right after the y pipe. I knew the gauge wasn't going to be accurate because it was so far away but I didn't think it was going to be this inaccurate if that's the problem. And yes I did free air calibrate it correctly.

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
Also my engine isn't tuned for the mods. Was planning on buying the URD TCAI and MAF cal ASAP!

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Well i dont think your to far away for it not to work rightm i have mine reading the driver side banks where the y and collector meet. I have spot on readings there.

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
I have no clue what it is. I'll probably check for leaks later.

Blasphemous

Reaction score
If it's in the y-pipe or after the y-pipe you have multiple spots where you could have exhaust leaks affecting those numbers.

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
Ya that's what I was thinking to. But I gotta check the welds around the bung to. There might be a pinhole around it.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Exhaust leaks. Look for soot around all of the flanges, and double check that all of the hardware on your exhaust is tight.

Also, when you installed the long tubes, did you also install new Y-pipe gaskets? Preferably the URD heavy duty ones.

Top Bottom