Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Installed some new speakers!

deanbhula1

Reaction score
So i just got done installing some new speakers as well as some sealing the doors, sound deadener and MLV...it definitely sounds way better. there is a lot less road noise and the music is clearer. i got the speakers and mounts from taco tunes through their bundle packs and i used luxury liner pro and damplifier pro from second skin audio. i included some pics!

the speakers are image dynamics ctx6.5c up front and ctx6.5 in the rear, both sets came in a bundle with speaker mounts and hardware from taco tunes.

image-222803707.jpg

image-1936391655.jpg

image-1462552077.jpg

image-787401546.jpg

image-2234979164.jpg

image-1302940588.jpg

dramad1

Reaction score
Looking good. I have those same speakers. Do you plan on installing a sub? Did you run new wires or did you buy the adapters? Trippy how paper thin the stock speakers are huh.

deanbhula1

Reaction score
it sounds pretty badass...i installed a new image dynamics amp for them today, was running off an old school profile amp but now it sounds way cleaner! gets loud too...way louder than i can take and can't sit in after volume of 30...

as for the sub i was running a p3s 12 but switched to a sound stream 12 running off a old profile amp, its just sitting behind the drivers seat for now...but i ordered a image dynamics MAX 10 which i plan to install with a custom box for the middle of the rear seats...

Roby124

Reaction score
how many square feet of each did you have to get? i've been looking into doing this

deanbhula1

Reaction score
I got 3 sheets of the luxury liner. 8 square feet of damplifier pro. And like 2 sheets of the overkill foam to use on the roof and padding elsewhere

Reaper13

Reaction score
As a professional installer, I usually don't like exposed speaker grills...but this is CLEAN as ****. I just installed speakers, but I'm gonna hold off on pics till I get everything finished.

deanbhula1

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm glad I did everything at once so I don't have to go back in haha

roy365

Reaction score
Does the matting make a nice difference? I know the doors are already rattle traps with OEM speakers in there. I have my new front and rears waiting to be installed. If the mat makes a huge difference then I may have to spring for some of it too.

Which grommet does everyone use in the firewall for their amp kit wiring?

deanbhula1

Reaction score
Does the matting make a nice difference? I know the doors are already rattle traps with OEM speakers in there. I have my new front and rears waiting to be installed. If the mat makes a huge difference then I may have to spring for some of it too.

Which grommet does everyone use in the firewall for their amp kit wiring?

Yea it made quite a difference. Especially since our back doors have no deadening at all. The back door, roof, and hood sound alot better with the deadening. But I also put the mass loaded vinyl which helps with the road noise. It's not gonna be like a BMW so don't have too high expectations...it's just a little bit better than stock.

And i went thru the big grommet on the drivers side. All I did was get a metal tube, routed the tube thru the grommet, then I fed the wire in the tube and pulled the tube out.

justin13703

Reaction score
Yeah you can use that big grommet if you want, you can also just use a step bit and drill out a new hole, your wiring kit should have a grommet for the wire you bought. Put that in the hole you drilled and make sure it's sealed up. This way is a little more work, but would look a little better IMO. I currently have mine going through the factory grommet lol.

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
looks good cant wait to put a bad ass system on mine

Top Bottom