Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Introduction and shopping for a X-runner!

Wizard

Reaction score
first off WELCOME!!! dont know how i missed this thread! Anyways, you guys all forgot that 05 didnt have the Tire Pressure Monitor System(TPMS). The 07 got the "big boy" seats which are a tad wider than the 05-06 trucks. Thats basically all they changed.
Yeah, one person did mention the TPMS on page 1. I think that's a cool feature, so I eliminated looking at 05's. Didn't know about the seats. Thanks for the info!

welcome to xr-u
Thanks bro!

On a side note, I really like the backup camera/mirror feature in the 09's. Anybody going to retrofit it on their XR?? I think I'm going to keep my OEM stereo for a while, so aftermarket HU and camera etc are out of the question.

Vashx51

Reaction score
that's a very impressive list of cars. . . . glade to hear that you want to add a X to the list . . . . if you haven't picked one up yet. . I think you should go for an older Radiant Red not the new 09 red cause they only did the RR for 3 years and well black and blue will always be specially the black

Wizard

Reaction score
I'll post pics of my X as soon as it clears up and is a nice day, I promise! Been rainy and gloomy lately.

Quick question, will the TRD BBK fit under the OEM 18" rims w/ adequate clearance, or are new rims needed?? TIA

Last edited:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I'll post pics of my X as soon as it clears up and is a nice day, I promise! Been rainy and gloomy lately.

Quick question, will the TRD BBK fit under the OEM 18" rims w/ adequate clearance, or are new rims needed?? TIA

Yes, it will fit with no problems. :top:

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
IMG_0105.jpg

Mother of god what a mess...Plug and play harnesses FTW!!!

Wizard

Reaction score
Yes, it will fit with no problems. :top:

Awesome. I made an inquiry at Toyota, and they say they only come one way..... red calipers and slotted rotors. :thumpdown: Since StopTech is really behind this kit, anyone just go with StopTech in order to choose their own caliper color and rotor??

Mother of god what a mess...Plug and play harnesses FTW!!!

Haha. I wish. People have offered me good money to install an Emanage on their Maxima like mine, but I don't want to relive that experience again! LOL

I finally got around to taking pics of my X! Nothing exciting, but here they are anyway.

Came with tint, chrome wheels, OBX shift knob, and aftermarket grill.

Can someone please tell me what brand grill I have?? and how much did it cost brand new?

Frontshot.jpg

sideshot.jpg

Shifter.jpg

Last edited:

yayxrunner707

Reaction score
it could be trex grill. or a grill craft. the grill craft you could see at usspeedonline.com

or it could be an ebay grill with a 5 piece kit for around 150 i think. oh by the way welcome and i hate you for having such gorgeous cars. what supercharger is that on the maxima? im thinking of buying one as a dd. i use to have a 95 and their not slow stock for what they are. they houled ass pretty good. lol

Yallrun

Reaction score
Welcome to the underground, Congrats on the purchase. Very impressive other rides you have. :top: I may have missed it but what color did you get?

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
Awesome. I made an inquiry at Toyota, and they say they only come one way..... red calipers and slotted rotors. :thumpdown: Since StopTech is really behind this kit, anyone just go with StopTech in order to choose their own caliper color and rotor??

I believe Gadget has the stoptech big brake kit but I'm not sure if he went with different rotors/caliper colors than the standard ones that come on the trd kit.

Gadget

Reaction score
TRD has the exclusive now with StopTech. If you want StopTech brakes they only come red with a TRD logo on them.

URD used to sell a lot of StopTech kits back in the day until TRD locked us out.

They are very good brakes and it was the fist mod I did to my truck. I really consider it a must do modification. The stock brakes are simply not sufficient for this truck.

We do carry the TRD brake line now. http://www.urdusa.com/index.php?cPath=9_140&osCsid=rrlf6db45218poji4kkmtn3a27

Gadget

Last edited:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Welcome to XRU. I love that Supra. Wanna sell it?? :laugh:

Wizard

Reaction score
Welcome to the underground, Congrats on the purchase. Very impressive other rides you have. :top: I may have missed it but what color did you get?
Speedway Blue. Please see pics above. Ever since I saw this truck in speedway blue back in 2005, I knew one day I would have to get this truck and in this color. The day has finally come!

TRD has the exclusive now with StopTech. If you want StopTech brakes they only come red with a TRD logo on them.

URD used to sell a lot of StopTech kits back in the day until TRD locked us out.

They are very good brakes and it was the fist mod I did to my truck. I really consider it a must do modification. The stock brakes are simply not sufficient for this truck.

We do carry the TRD brake line now. http://www.urdusa.com/index.php?cPath=9_140&osCsid=rrlf6db45218poji4kkmtn3a27

Gadget

Thanks for the info Gadget. Apparently StopTech's website is out of date then, eh? It appears on their website I can build my own kit and have lots of options as far as caliper/rotor choice.

Do stainless lines come included in the package?

On a side note, is this the only BBK available for us Xrunners??

In your personal opinion, is the brake bias really unaffected and you wouldn't change a thing?

Welcome to XRU. I love that Supra. Wanna sell it?? :laugh:
Thank you...........and Nevaaaaaaar!!!:eviltongue: lol

Yallrun

Reaction score
Sorry bro, at work + firewall = no see. :biggrin: Check it when I get home. :top:

Edit: on the URD site for the BBK say stainless brake lines, not sure tho.

Wizard

Reaction score
OT: I see the new rule of having 30 posts to sell an item, and I totally understand, but I want to buy an item and ask a question and I can't!!!!:frown:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
OT: I see the new rule of having 30 posts to sell an item, and I totally understand, but I want to buy an item and ask a question and I can't!!!!:frown:

what item were you interested in buying? and what's the question?

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
I wanted to ask Ketchup if his rims were still available, to post pics, and to get a shipping price quote.

well in all honesty you should send him a pm...ketchup is a cool guy and i'm sure he could work out a deal with you...shipping might be a little expensive but i'm sure if you really wanted them and paid for them up front he would be willing to hook you up sir...:top:

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
How the **** did I miss this thread? Welcome to XRU mang! It's a nice Supra, as everyone has said.. but I'd take the Maxima in a heart beat. There's an obvious amount of blood sweat and tears into that thing, and it shows. Gorgeous car.

Normally I'd bash you for buying a SWB, but since you have all those other fast vehicles, can't really be mad at you for buying the slowest color. :eviltongue:

Anyway. Welcome to the site. Any further questions you may have just shoot, everyone here is real friendly like. (some too friendly, watch out for Baker...)

Ryan

Top Bottom