Is it possible...

Discussion in 'Exterior Modifications' started by hman510, Apr 16, 2014.

1. hman510

hman510 New Member

To find used x-runners in good shape that haven't been modded? I'm looking to pick up a truck in the near future, and think these are a good candidate for being a 'cool' toy hauler. That said, these seem like great trucks, but have a following similar to that of WRX's where tuning/modding is the norm.

Have any of the regular users here been able to visit this site without extensive built threads and/or signatures a mile long of what's been done? (not those that's are bad things!! :top:)

2. ntinhri

ntinhri Active Member

DOnt hate... Good crew here

3. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Yes it is possible to own an X-Runner and not mod it to the wall. However, when the mod bug does bite it's an itch that isn't easy to stop scratching. But there definitely are guys who have been around here for a very long time that haven't done much to theirs. Trying to find one for sale, on a truck enthusiast forum, that hasn't been modded would be a rarity. Best of luck. Hope you find one that suits your needs. :top:

4. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

Most of my searches through Craigslist and autotrader showed almost all stock or some with minor modification, purchased both of mine bone stock!

5. TheAngeryGinger

where are you located? I am selling mine and it is close to stock.

6. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

On his other thread, I told him about your truck and to send you a PM :dontknow:

7. TheAngeryGinger

My fault that I missed that. Thanks foe the shout out.

8. hman510

hman510 New Member

Not hating, just curious if these gems do exist. I am in northern California.

9. III

III Member

i picked my 2011 up bone stock not even tint just last october, they're around (but then again hawaii has a s**tload of x's here in da first place... but on this forum it's pretty much our common interest to mod da hell outta these things one way or another lol

good luck

10. madtrucker

madtrucker Active Member

I got my '08 at the dealership, bone stock. Great shape too. They won't take them if they are all modded, if they do they don't go out on their lot. If you are looking for a clean stock one I say check the dealership lots.

11. metalpeddler88

metalpeddler88 New Member

Got mine stock at a Ford dealer.

12. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

This, either that most people will turn their trucks back to stock just so that can get the most money for trade in value and then turn around and sell all their upgrades as a part out, it's the only way to get the most value back. Dealerships if they do take a heavily modded truck they give you no value for all the parts and the dealerships that do take them in are usually side lots.

13. hman510

hman510 New Member

Makes sense, that is probably what I would do with a modded vehicle. Is it bad that I already know the first few non-maintenance things to take care of if/once getting one? :laugh:

14. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

I had a wish list that was a page long before I bought my truck, I truly can't leave a vehicle stock even if it's a beater! IT'S A DISEASE!

15. hman510

hman510 New Member

Yeah, even on beaters, rattlecan/plastidip and a steady hand can work wonders!

16. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

Beater work truck before [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After