Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

It has begun!!!! Hotrodt's ls1 swap!!!!!

rexrunner

Reaction score
doc he flashed my ecu for me. he said he will dyno it for $75!!! im fn stoked. he charged me $100 to flash it.

is that the same doc who is aem cert? travels all over?

anyways looks nice man, your pics helped me pick my exhaust lol.

hotrodt

Reaction score
is that the same doc who is aem cert? travels all over?

anyways looks nice man, your pics helped me pick my exhaust lol.
not sure brotha. but i deff need to get a 180 therm though. its running around 210 constant. to much for me

Toon714

Reaction score
damn. that beast sounds insane! cant wait to see the numbers on the dyno!

Murderface

Reaction score
Seems like ur almost ready to post an accel video or two. Looking forward to seeing it in action!
If u don't mind me asking, how much coin is it going to cost for all the parts to do the swap?

hotrodt

Reaction score
Seems like ur almost ready to post an accel video or two. Looking forward to seeing it in action!
If u don't mind me asking, how much coin is it going to cost for all the parts to do the swap?

I have bout 4500 in parts. That's not including the eng and trans

Generation-X

Reaction score
So basically other than the time factor its semi-close to the MK2 kit with the trans swap?
Price wise I mean

hotrodt

Reaction score
With the 1gr once u s/c it there isn't much else u can do. But with the lsx u can do limitless mods..that's why I went the route I did. Once I do heads,cam and intake I will b over 400hp At the wheels. Then I can s/c it and be around 600

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
With the 1gr once u s/c it there isn't much else u can do. But with the lsx u can do limitless mods..that's why I went the route I did. Once I do heads,cam and intake I will b over 400hp At the wheels. Then I can s/c it and be around 600

that was the whole reasoning for me to never go f/i. all that money to make what the 3rd/4th gen motor makes about stock or with little mods, and a way better platform to build upon. Just wish I still had the truck to do it.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score

Add some internals for a little more, and bam! 800 whp. WooT!

squeak

Reaction score
did you have someone make your harness or did you get an oem gm harness and make it work? i have an ls1 and a t56. and an x runner too. lol. but this is the last thing i need to do.

Top Bottom