Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

just bought plasti dip metalizer for oems

lamia2super

Reaction score
i just placed an order for a plasti dip kit to try and dip my wheels in gold. anyone done this before? any tips to what im about to get myself into?

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
i just placed an order for a plasti dip kit to try and dip my wheels in gold. anyone done this before? any tips to what im about to get myself into?

try it! if you like it a lot get them powder coated gold!

lamia2super

Reaction score
i did one wheel to test out the plasti dip. i like the gold wheels but i dont like the pasti dip gold! its just to dark. i thinking about maybe just spraying the other wheel without the black plasti dip to see if it gives me a brighter gold

Last edited:

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
i like it man! i personally don't like the bright gold. i think it looks just right!

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
I think it looks good. Take your time, spray them properly and you will be happy

Redline

Reaction score
I didn't know plasti dip in gold. I thought there was only three colors

blu xr

Reaction score
im thinkin a graphite gray would look cool...

Buellie

Reaction score
Im thinking about plasti dippin my rims anthracite on my black XR.
I was on the dipyourcar website and seen some sick stuff!

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
looks pretty good man, i think G had gold rims on his truck at one point? or bronze...either way it looked really badass

gearhead899

Reaction score
I agree that gold is just too dark. would be much better if it was brighter. but a good tip for you if you decide the remove the plastidip. if you have trouble peeling it off, spray it down with wd40 and let it sit for a few minutes. it turns the plastidip into goop and you can power wash it right off :crinklehair:

gearhead899

Reaction score
no prob. it came in handy the other day when I tried removing my plastidip evo mod. especially since it has been on there for over a year and I had put multiple layers on over time to keep it fresh looking. after I wd40'd it a few times & power washed to get all the layers off. then I followed up with goo gone and a good wash.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
One member on here plasti dipped their wheel then painted over the plasti dip to get the right colour they wanted, can't remeber who or what thread but it looked good

lamia2super

Reaction score
what i did yesterday :) only problem is it started to rain and i believe that caused a corner to bubble up a bit

Top Bottom