Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

keep throwing codes

08x

Reaction score
well since my clutch has been changed at dealer it keeps throwing po138 and po157 both are 02 sensor codes for the front 2 and i no the wires werent stretched when the tranny was pulled since it was me and a few other guys that lifted it out of the truck any ideas would help thanxz

Last edited:

lacetool

Reaction score
o2 codes

my 05 clutch was replaced last month and 5 days later i get 2 02 sensor codes in diff pipes? my tech [friend] does not know about this but black elec. tape over the check engine lite works good:bird::bird: lecetool

08x

Reaction score
well i have the scan guage in it so every time it goes on i clear it but its going on liek every 15 to 30 miles of driving if that its start to get aggrevating

Xtacy

Reaction score
Sounds like what I'm dealing with. I keep throwing a p0156 code, reset it then weeks later it's back up. I have a stage 3 clutch. My obd reads bank 2 sensor 2, I replaced the rear sensor with a $100 brand new one and code popped back up again. I'm lost what to do now

stepdaddy

Reaction score
bad connection somwhere? seems odd that its a clutch replacement issue

justin13703

Reaction score
Sounds like what I'm dealing with. I keep throwing a p0156 code, reset it then weeks later it's back up. I have a stage 3 clutch. My obd reads bank 2 sensor 2, I replaced the rear sensor with a $100 brand new one and code popped back up again. I'm lost what to do now

Make sure that your rear sensors are plugged into the right side of the harness. When I did my clutch while the trans was out the wiring harness flipped around and the driver side sensor got plugged into the passenger side plug and vice versa. My check engine light would come on randomly with codes for the rear sensors. I switched the plugs from side to side and it never came back.

clamb

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Getting both a low and high voltage codes on my rear o2 sensors (both of which are now brand new). How would you possibly plug the drivers side into the passengers etc? I'll have to check again to make sure they are plugged in the proper orientation but I can't see how you'd cross them as the cables aren't nearly long enough?

Grumpy

Reaction score
Unplugged the sensors from the harness and look to make sure that all of the four pins on the harness side are still fasten securely. It may have been damage and/or pulled out from the pigtails from being stretch as per your statement.

justin13703

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Getting both a low and high voltage codes on my rear o2 sensors (both of which are now brand new). How would you possibly plug the drivers side into the passengers etc? I'll have to check again to make sure they are plugged in the proper orientation but I can't see how you'd cross them as the cables aren't nearly long enough?

They're perfectly long enough. It usually happens when the transmission is out because the harness is free to spin around while its hanging, but it can be for any reason really. Crazy stuff happens.

clamb

Reaction score
Thanks guys, it did end up being the flipped harness. Over 500km and no cel :)

shane881510

Reaction score
Good deal. Mine was the same. Flip harness no more codes. I noticed to that the diver side front sensor had blue tape and the diver side rear sensor has blue tape. So blue tape needs to be on the diver side. Buts that's the way my truck came out.

Top Bottom