killer chiller

Discussion in 'F/I Mods & Tuning' started by o0opackersfano0o, Jul 5, 2017.

1. o0opackersfano0o

o0opackersfano0o Active Member

2. Slywhitty

Slywhitty "Midget Magnet"

3. SoFloBlue

SoFloBlue Member

There are two small threads on this... use the search bar and type in killer chiller and they will pop up. I've read both of them and still am not sure if it is a viable performance mod lol Seems like some have used it or something like it.

4. o0opackersfano0o

thats an old kit tho that cools down a tank of water. now it just goes inline of ur super charger coolant and cools it down with a/c

5. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

You would have to do some testing to see if it is worth it on the 1GR with the TRD supercharger. Someone will have to install it, a large water tank, insulated in the bed, and then thermocouplers before and after the intercooler core. Then run it and compare the difference in the temps between before and after intercooler core and see if it really sucking out any additional heat from the compressed air. The core in the TRD is pretty small and the air only has contact with it for a very short period of time and you will need to see just how more more additional heat can be pulled form it by lowering the water temp.

I saw a guy run one of these systems on an E55 with a very large tank in the trunk. It did drop the water temp a good bit and did drop it surprisingly fast. That guy was trying to do a mile long record attempt. Road testing it did seem to work well. I have no idea what happened to his Texas mile attempt.

There was a lot of talk of this with the Tundra guys, then suddenly no one talked about it any more. You may want to hit up those forums and see if they had any luck with it.

6. o0opackersfano0o

the new kit doesnt have a big tank. it just has a small evaporator that the coolant runs through like the air runs through ur evaporator for in cabin a/c. in and out lines for supercharger coolant and in and out for a/c lines upload_2017-7-6_10-25-28.jpeg

radracer_x likes this.
  7. o0opackersfano0o

8. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

To make it work better you should have a tank to store the water you have chilled down. Not using a tank will use up the chilled water in seconds.

I ran a trunk tank in my E55 full of ice. One pass in the 1/4 and the ice was all gone.