Leaf Spring Options

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Blown 330, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Blown 330

Blown 330 Member

What options are out there now for rear lowering leaf springs? Does XII still offer them??

2. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Yup, monos are still available.

3. thewarriordinghy

the xii lowering leafs are mono leafs or no? id be hesistant for mono leafs...

4. Coupe

Coupe Active Member

They are mono. I ran them for a few years,then switched to steel, when XII had them.

I had no problems with the mono leafs.

5. Blown 330

Blown 330 Member

Didn't see any offered on XII website... Would have done the steel ones awhile ago bu couldn't justify the $$$

6. kwigs160966

kwigs160966 Member

They also have steel drop leafs. I have 3" steel drop leafs on my c from xii. You have to ask for them though

7. BondXII

BondXII Member

We still offer the composite mono-leaf springs. The steal springs were discontinued when the company that was making them sold out and the new company didn't want to deal with it. Still on the back burner to get another company in the future, but no time frame yet.

If you go to our site, you'll "see" the monos, but you won't have an option to buy them. We have been filling back orders and finally got caught up on those. Once our "stock" arrives, you'll see an option to buy them again. For now, if you are interested in getting a set, you can PM us and we'll let you know when they arrive for purchase.

8. Blown 330

Blown 330 Member

PMed you and also emailed XII twice and no responses... Please let me know more info on these leafs.

9. imom

imom Member

Blown 330 have you thought about just using stock 4x4 leafs...will lower between 1 to 2".

10. Clunkydiamond

Clunkydiamond New Member

will this also add to the load capacity?

11. imom

imom Member

I don't know about the load capacity...just that the difference between spring over axle and spring under axle and the leaf spring is more arched or less arched is what gives it lowered stance. I think the load capacity would be the same, but I don't know that for a fact.