Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Less harsh ride?

5000XD

Reaction score
What would it take? Less stiff leafs? Would putting non xr shocks underneath work?

I've had this question since day 1 (lots of roads are crap over here).

CursedRacing

Reaction score
You'd want different shocks, the springs are not what you are feeling joistle your truck when you hit a bump, it's the feedback from the shocks... But... do you really want to put on wimpy shocks and lose the handling capabilities of your X? Why didn't you go for something more like a Pre-Runner then? Just my 2 cents...

Cursed

5000XD

Reaction score
I know what you mean about the pre runner. But I did way too much work (plus money) to get the xr all the way to south america, I'm not selling it any time soon. I'll try to get my hands on other shocks.

XRobber

Reaction score
Believe it or not, just some cheap shocks would make a difference. I would find an auto parts store, and have them let you look at shocks..... find some with the same mounting bracket, then all u need is the right length.

azjimi

Reaction score
What would it take? Less stiff leafs? Would putting non xr shocks underneath work?

I've had this question since day 1 (lots of roads are crap over here).

A harsher ride goes w/any good handling vehicle. If you think it's harsh now, definitely DO NOT LOWER it. You will learn a new definition of harsh.

5000XD

Reaction score
thing is still wanna go lower, 2" rear and 1" (xrc) front. plus the softer shocks, i just wonder how it would feel. guess i need to try out to find out :)

DOGO X

Reaction score
As long you get agood rate shock, Why not!

Xacto

Reaction score
two inch drop + softer shocks= *axle tap* *axle tap* *axle tap*

Top Bottom